Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We usually tried to get away once a month regardless of time of year.
Christmas Day was always in the van.
Now it’s every day!

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Love the winter, probably spend more time on the van than the summer.

Need a different approach and order.

Still mostly Freedom Camping but more 'interlude' days on a site with EHU.

Recognizing the requirement to have the heating on more than I need as the van need the heat more than me, especially the fresh water supply.

I like Hidden Valley as they are open all year;

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I spend more time in the van in the winter months then the summer but that is southern Spain and this year Morocco too…☀️😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
We do all year round in our van. We used to spend Christmas every year at the Sandringham club site. (the only reason I stopped going was when my dog died I can't go back there yet) Lovely local beach walks as well as the Sandringham estate. Van lovely and warm at night, heating works perfectly in fact gets too hot sometimes. Go for it !!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We do all year round in our van. We used to spend Christmas every year at the Sandringham club site. (the only reason I stopped going was when my dog died I can't go back there yet) Lovely local beach walks as well as the Sandringham estate. Van lovely and warm at night, heating works perfectly in fact gets too hot sometimes. Go for it !!
Menopause helps to keep you warm......just a thought :wink:
I use my van all year round.

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
I agree Gina M we had a great few days at Sandringham over the weekend and we didn't want to leave this morning. First time there for us there but we'll definately be back and it would be great at Christmas as surrounded by lovely walks (so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog 😟) It is a great site and close to Sandringham, we loved it.

Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Just over -27º C in Northern Scotland!🧣🧣🧣
It was minus 8c in Taunton when I was at Vanbitz the Xmas before last having some work done.
It's the coldest I've been in and probably the coldest temperatures I'll ever be in so I'm fairly sure I'll be OK in the places I go to in winter (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It was minus 8c in Taunton when I was at Vanbitz the Xmas before last having some work done.
It's the coldest I've been in and probably the coldest temperatures I'll ever be in so I'm fairly sure I'll be OK in the places I go to in winter (y)
A summer's day that is up here! :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back