Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all, is it too early to blame the new government for the weather? 😂

So I wanted to pick the brains of anyone who has taken a winter trip to Spain or somewhere equally distant from the UK.
I know it's very vague but hope someone can offer advice.
We are looking at a month away from Boxing day-ish onwards for a month. We were hoping for some healthy sun for us both and the dog.
Search for Sites has shown some sites that are open all year round but most appear to look a lot like gravelled car parks. We have never stayed in Spain but travelled extensively around Europe during the last couple of spring/summers.
Can anyone a) recommend a more picturesque Spanish site than the ones we have seen so far. ( We were hoping for somewhere with perhaps some gassier pitces etc.)
Or b) a location in Europe about the same distance from UK that would offer some nice dry weather during December/January
Where ever we head, we need EHU, dog friendly and possibly near a town and a walk to the beach.

Sorry to be so vague but I know you lot are so full of info. Thank you in anticipation.

Here's hoping,
Alan MonaOwner

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We really liked La Manga. Some others don’t because of the permanent residents.
Mar Menor is also popular.

There are literally hundreds of sites that others will recommend

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
A month isn't very long if you are aiming for southern Spain. If you haven't already booked Santander ferry it's probably too late because of the dog so extra couple of days driving each way through France.
Loads of sites in acsi book or app all over Spain many with lots of facilities but not many grassy ones.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Problem is they're probably booked up but try Bonterra in Bennicassim. We toured last winter for first time and used mostly aires, beaches etc. Only used a few sites for washing.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Bonterra Resort in Benicassim has all on your wishlist except the grassy pitches which I think you will struggle with if it's winter sun you want. Lovely dog friendly beach and lovely Spanish town just a stroll away. Allow 6 weeks minimum including travelling (a good 3 days driving each way) to make it worthwhile. Try to book asap if you decide as it is a very popular site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Bolnuevo mazarron is a good site too but again not grass I'm afraid.
There are many others in aguilas or benidorm or villajoyosa but sadly none of them grass.
The only site we have stayed on that was all singing and grass was in lloret de mar but I'm not sure they open in the winter.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
we have been to both Bontera and Bolnuevo, 4 weeks is fine, did that for j to recuperate after his prostate treatment, like Aguilas too. But would plump for Bonterra if i was concerned about the weather, a bit more to do. Be aware though they don't like dogs to perform, not even wees on site. There is a gate at the back to get to dog walking area.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Ferr
A month isn't very long if you are aiming for southern Spain. If you haven't already booked Santander ferry it's probably too late because of the dog so extra couple of days driving each way through France.
Loads of sites in acsi book or app all over Spain many with lots of facilities but not many grassy ones.
The winter ferry's are not out yet to northern Spain.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We had our first winter break in Spain this year. We were told we were probably too late and the sites would be booked up. Maybe the large, popular ones were but we found some superb small, quiet sites (only one with what looked a bit like grass...we really weren't bothered about grass tbh) Near Cartagena, down toward Mojacar, across to Granada, then Seville, then down to the SW coast near Sanlucar de Barremeda (and then 10 days in Portugal)
I'll send you a PM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back