Wing mirrors

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar 481
MHome has standard extended mirrors of Transit which protrude fully beyond the MH body. Drivers side is very vulnerable to being hit by oncoming vehicles (2 glass breakages + 2 other hits in 2yrs).
Keeping away from centre line to avoid hits can bring nearside mirror over footpath and in danger of hitting pedestrian ( came across incident of this nature in a work situation about a year ago).
I either want to replace mirrors with electrically folding mirrors, or with standard ones which will still give rear view but not protrude so far.
Anyone had experience of either proposal?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
Speak to magnum vehicle solutions (MVS)...they do everything relating to vehicle mirrors for coaches, vans etc etc, had reason to purchase off them recently and their product knowledge was fantastic and they guided me to purchasing the best replacement for my MH.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Failing those fairly drastic, and no doubt expensive, options, why not just try mirror protectors? I'm sure there must be some available for a Transit.

And welcome to the forum.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
MVS offered me mirrors for a ducato that were shorter than my originals but had the mirror fixed at a different angle which made the overall width less but still meant you could see down the side of a coachbuilt MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back