Why is this site nearly always empty? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This campsite is about 5 minutes from us and obviously have no need to use it, but it is nearly always empty, I have been past it today, and there isn't a soul there, sometimes on a bank holiday there does appear to be one or two but that's it.
So what's wrong with it?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I've no idea, it looks good.
It seems to be a wedding venue too, so maybe that's their main income stream and the campsite is a side line
I also think it's possibly not been there that long as I don't recall seeing it listed before, but maybe you might know better than me being more local ?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
£23 for a none electric pitch is too much for that area. Just paid £22 for a beautiful North Yorkshire site and that was too much 😭😆
1000013291.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've no idea, it looks good.
It seems to be a wedding venue too, so maybe that's their main income stream and the campsite is a side line
I also think it's possibly not been there that long as I don't recall seeing it listed before, but maybe you might know better than me being more local ?
It's been up and running since before COVID, it used to be a large farm but stopped that about 10 years ago and diversified into various things industrial units , weddings and various and the campsite just kept building up from some people wanting to stay over at weddings which in truth they don't do many of , maybe half a dozen a year.
But it's all set up with electricity, with trees and a moat around a large hall, must be room for about 50 vans, two country pubs within easy walking distance, and a small village with large church and post office.
I havnt had anything to do with it so can't tell you anything more about it but it just seems strange there is never anyone there,
I suppose it's a bit dear but not a great deal out of the way as camps go.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Park Hall Farm is on SfS with no reviews but not on P4N

You'd think the Alton Towers trade would bring them some business

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Probably because no one can find it…🤔 even with the details there I had two goes on google maps to find it and still can’t find where it is….🤷🏼‍♂️

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I bet those people that do use the site won't be too happy with all the additional Funsters who will now be booking ......

50 pitches, sounds perfect for someone local to organise a rally there, the two local pubs would be a definite plus point for some ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I bet those people that do use the site won't be too happy with all the additional Funsters who will now be booking ......

50 pitches, sounds perfect for someone local to organise a rally there, the two local pubs would be a definite plus point for some ...
That is what happens, on odd weekends there will perhaps be a dozen all together but when they go ,it's empty again.
I suppose the people that run it aren't particularly worried as they have various things on the go and if there is a wedding they use it as a carpark but as I said they are very few and far between.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
:unsure: just wondering
Just had a look at the Web page as I have never took much notice of it before but even in most of their own photos there is hardly any people there.
It just goes to show though , some on here have asked why I don't have a site here, this one must have cost a fair bit to set up and there is all the upkeep and grass mowing and stuff whether anyone comes or not and I haven't got anything like what they have got apart from the same two pubs.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Funnily enough I was just wondering if he had answered his own question in the first 8 words or so of his original post!:whistle2::giggler:
Sorry, I don't understand :(
Edit Just had a look back at my op and it looks like you are just having a poke at me , so isn't really anything to do with the actual question.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It just goes to show though , some on here have asked why I don't have a site here, this one must have cost a fair bit to set up and there is all the upkeep and grass mowing and stuff whether anyone comes or not and I haven't got anything like what they have got apart from the same two pubs.

But, if the price was right, folks would visit (to yours, or theirs). 👍

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back