Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
My OH wants to know why we have normal cigarette lighter 12v sockets in cab area and in TV cupboard, but a DIN socket in the kitchen area.

Well I could answer the cab area one - because it is built by FIAT. The TV one may be an after-market fit.

I cannot answer the one about the DIN socket in the kitchen area. Actually it is on the face of the drawer units.

Are DIN sockets only fitted by German MH manufacturers ?

How many other manufacturers fit them and in which countries?

I am sure OH will read the answers with great attention - maybe.

But I have done my bit.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
N & B fit Hella Din sockets and we have one above the kitchen area and one above the bed. I have since added a load more as they are vastly superior to cigar lighter plugs and sockets. I have one either side of the bed for charging our phones and iPads, one for the endless breeze fan and one underneath by the water pipes to plug in the pump for my aquaroll. I have also made up a heavy duty 12 volt extension cable so that can plug my compressor in to pump up the tyres on our tag axle. One of these days I will get around to replacing the Fiat cigar lighter sockets in the dash!

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Our N&B has a Hella Din socket above the tall pull out organiser in the kitchen... brilliant! The ones in the dashboard are rubbish...one actually comes out šŸ™ˆ

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Our French Rapido had a Hella socket in the Kitchen and a ciggy lighter in the TV cupboard. I changed the Hella for a regular ciggy lighter just because it meant most 12v things would just plug straight in without any adapters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You can get plugs that fit both types of socket. The red bit pulls off, and it will then fit into a DIN Hella socket.
This one has screw terminals, so no soldering required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back