Rally Chat Whitby Steampunk

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde300
Just wondered if there was any chance a rally would be organised for next year's Whitby Steampunk weekend 25/27th July or the Pirate Festival 29/30th August, before we book a spot on a campsite.I see that one was organised for the Goth weekend.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Don't know if there is, if not why don't you organise one?

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde300
Don't know if there is, if not why don't you organise one?
Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or resources to organise one. I haven't been able to attend any of the "Fun" rallies this year. We are fairly new to motorhoming. I just thought it was worth asking the question in case.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
This year there was a C&CC THS at the 6th form college at Whitby coinciding with the steam punk weekend. No idea if that would happen again next year but the THS is a regular.

I know a fun rally takes place Halloween in Whitby at the college site. But even if someone did want to do a summer rally others already no doubt have the college booked.

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde300
This year there was a C&CC THS at the 6th form college at Whitby coinciding with the steam punk weekend. No idea if that would happen again next year but the THS is a regular.

I know a fun rally takes place Halloween in Whitby at the college site. But even if someone did want to do a summer rally others already no doubt have the college booked.
Thanks. Yes we saw there was some sort of rally going on there, whilst we were there. Oh well - no worries we will just book the same site as last year. Not re-joining the C& CC club just for that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Just wondered if there was any chance a rally would be organised for next year's Whitby Steampunk weekend 25/27th July or the Pirate Festival 29/30th August, before we book a spot on a campsite.I see that one was organised for the Goth weekend.
We go to the goth festival but dress in steampunk gear 👍 the meet is oversubscribed with a waiting list but you never know ,do you attend any other steampunk events as we would be interested ?

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde300
Not been to many this year. Went to Lincoln but only went for the day as we live quite close. Went to Whitby in July too. It was freezing too even though it was August. Planning to go to Whitby again in Summer also maybe Crich. The Lincoln one may be moving for 2025 - rumours are it could be York but no announcements yet. Went to the February one last year and the weather was horrendous which bearing in mind most Steampunks want to walk around Whitby showing off their creations wasn't good. Locally there are one or too events but we always wait to see the weather forecast. Quite fancy doing the Pirate Festival in Whitby next year.When we went to Whitby this year we stayed on Whitby Holiday Park. Decent motorhome pitch and a walk along the clifftop to the local brewery. The site was good but a way out of Whitby. Luckily one of our friends took a car so we had transport to get to the Pavilion and centre.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back