Which tyres to buy?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
I posted on the forum recently asking which tyres would give me the most 'rattle' free ride, as my existing tyres are shaking the van to pieces with crashing & banging at the slightest road imperfection, like driving on a cobbled road. At the time of my last post the van was in for service and I couldn't give the manufacturers details in my post. We now have the van back and I can confirm that all 6 tyres, which are 2 years old, are Continental VancoCamper 225/75R/16 CP 116R made in Czech Republic, load rating 1250kg each tyre, recommended 69psi when cold, permitted max pressure 80psi.

I'm planning to replace only the two front tyres, as the maximum crashing & banging comes from the front end. I've only ever travelled on the M25 south once with the van, never again. I'd like to know if it's acceptable to have a different brand of tyre at the front compared to the rear. I also need to know which tyres give the smoothest ride. Replies very much appreciated.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I posted on the forum recently asking which tyres would give me the most 'rattle' free ride, as my existing tyres are shaking the van to pieces with crashing & banging at the slightest road imperfection, like driving on a cobbled road. At the time of my last post the van was in for service and I couldn't give the manufacturers details in my post. We now have the van back and I can confirm that all 6 tyres, which are 2 years old, are Continental VancoCamper 225/75R/16 CP 116R made in Czech Republic, load rating 1250kg each tyre, recommended 69psi when cold, permitted max pressure 80psi.

I'm planning to replace only the two front tyres, as the maximum crashing & banging comes from the front end. I've only ever travelled on the M25 south once with the van, never again. I'd like to know if it's acceptable to have a different brand of tyre at the front compared to the rear. I also need to know which tyres give the smoothest ride. Replies very much appreciated.
You sure the pressure is 69, most cp rated get blown up to 80.

I fitted falcon all season on ours for same reason as you, my tyres were a bit older but had life left in them, well that’s what I thought. Tyre fitter showed me the inside of the cp tyres, they were knackered.
Did 3000 miles in September on the new ones and lovely and smooth, nor car smooth but much improved on the original

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Also fitted Falken euroallseason van11. Much better ride than the vanco campers

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Your pressures are too high, here are the official ones from continental…

IMG_1140.png

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Get your van weighed to get the correct pressure…. However I’ve recently binned the same tyres for the same reason and now have maxxis vansport all season and it’s night and day on the smooth ride I get now…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson S697
Those are interesting figures from Continental....according to that, mine should be 43psi...wow....way lower than I run. Searches online produce anything between 36 and 81...... :LOL:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Those are interesting figures from Continental....according to that, mine should be 43psi...wow....way lower than I run. Searches online produce anything between 36 and 81...... :LOL:

Yes it’s surprising isn’t it but it’s from the horse’s mouth, just goes to show how many people are running around with too much pressure in their tyres… but it is down to personal preference as long as it’s safe…

My 3500k van near to the max I’m running 50psi fronts and 60 rears for best compromise…

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
My van is 7.14 Tons weighed two weeks ago! I run cold pressure 55psi front and 60psi rear. Continental Vanco Summer tyres. Rear axle is rated at 5T, front 2.3T. Works for me.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back