Which gps?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Looking for a new gps as my Tom Tom Sat nav keeps giving up the ghost at the most inconvenient times( the dreaded white screen) and before I throw it out of the window does anyone have recommendations?
Not interested in Google maps or whatever on my phone as it( iPhone 8)keeps going off as well) šŸ˜

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Personally I like the nova tek sat navs. Easy to use and reliable. Cheap and large screens. Can input motorhome dimensions . Free maps for everwhere.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Haven't had a stand alone GPS for decades...modern day vehicles come with them pre-installed, I was so impressed with the one in our car, I retro-fitted one in our Hymer....large readable screen that multi-functions....I have a choice of GPS apps installed....it's my radio also....great fun

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
With a PVC, I wouldn't bother with a campervan specific satnav. You're only slightly wider than a car. You can go anywhere a delivery driver can, which is pretty much anywhere.

I agree. Get a phone upgrade as a two-for-one and use a free satnav like Google Maps or Waze.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Definitely not Garmin that uses ā€œhereā€ maps, their navigation is awful at times.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Definitely not Garmin that uses ā€œhereā€ maps, their navigation is awful at times.
And yet it's HERE mapping that the cheap Chinese Sat Navs use Sandra, and most (if not all) of us are happy with them. Maybe it's the Garmin unit rather than the mapping that's the problem. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back