Where to buy new Hymer - UK or Europe? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 23, 2023
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Newbie - bought first MH 11/03/2023
😀 I will have the funds to buy a new MH in a few months - probably a Crossover - maybe LHD.

(Possibly a near-new if nothing available from stock - though I noticed in Feb/March this year that several new Crossovers were offered at discount for immediate delivery in Europe)

Started doing a little research - buy in UK or buy in Germany - concerned by the very mixed reviews for Hymer Centre in Staffordshire - does anyone have recent experience of buying a new vehicle from them?

And who are the best or worst staff to deal with at Travelworld.

Reading past posts it appears there are financial savings to be made buying in Europe - but just as important to me is after sales service - does anyone have experience of using a European dealer for both purchase and after sales service?

NB: From past posts it seems to be reasonably straightforward to buy in Europe and bring to UK - but if anyone has any pointers for things to be aware of that are less obvious - I would be glad to hear about them.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I thought that I might have to swap the headlights for the UK approval certification….. the price of them in outrageous.

Headlight protection is on the shopping list before I head to somewhere like Morocco!
The headlights are standard Mercedes Sprinter.

Plenty for sale on eBay from about £70 for the pair.

Upvote 0
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
😀 I will have the funds to buy a new MH in a few months - probably a Crossover - maybe LHD.

(Possibly a near-new if nothing available from stock - though I noticed in Feb/March this year that several new Crossovers were offered at discount for immediate delivery in Europe)

Started doing a little research - buy in UK or buy in Germany - concerned by the very mixed reviews for Hymer Centre in Staffordshire - does anyone have recent experience of buying a new vehicle from them?

And who are the best or worst staff to deal with at Travelworld.

Reading past posts it appears there are financial savings to be made buying in Europe - but just as important to me is after sales service - does anyone have experience of using a European dealer for both purchase and after sales service?

NB: From past posts it seems to be reasonably straightforward to buy in Europe and bring to UK - but if anyone has any pointers for things to be aware of that are less obvious - I would be glad to hear about them.
One thing to watch for with the AWD 4x4 Mercedes based Hymers.... if you order RHD you can't order the LED light option. No idea why as I had LED lights on my 2WD RHD Sprinter van.

It's a shame to miss out on the LED headlights as they are really good but they are only available on a Left HandDrive 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter based van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back