Where have all the birds gone and why? (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Plenty round here ,,neighbour got a group for breakfast every morning,,driving me knuts, have to glean cars, motorhome everyday

20240731_081802.jpg

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
I totally blame the farming and fishing industries. Plus the planet is way overpopulated.
Now before some of you get over excited about what I said listen to my reasoning.

1. The seas have been massively overfished for years resulting in an extremely low population stock. I think there should be a total ban on sea fishing for a minimum of 5 years, possibly 10 to let the numbers recover to a sustainable level. Then heavily restrict the catch numbers.
As a result the shite hawks have had to adapt and move inland to find food.

2. Farmers have been allowed to poison the land and waterways for decades by using hugely powerful insecticides. This has resulted in hardly any bugs for the local bird population to eat. They have effectively been starved out of existence. Yes, cats take a few each year but only a minute fraction of the total. We see those and imagine it’s a huge amount. It isn’t.
Now, farmers have been “ forced “ into using these poisons by the overpopulation of the planet in an attempt to feed too many people. Supermarkets have to take some of the blame too by pressuring farmers into growing the perfect shape crops ( huge waste ) and in massive amounts and under paying them in an attempt to be the cheapest.
I don’t blame them for putting solar panels everywhere now instead but there’s another joke. Renewables!

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
I totally blame the farming and fishing industries. Plus the planet is way overpopulated.
Now before some of you get over excited about what I said listen to my reasoning.

1. The seas have been massively overfished for years resulting in an extremely low population stock. I think there should be a total ban on sea fishing for a minimum of 5 years, possibly 10 to let the numbers recover to a sustainable level. Then heavily restrict the catch numbers.
As a result the shite hawks have had to adapt and move inland to find food.

2. Farmers have been allowed to poison the land and waterways for decades by using hugely powerful insecticides. This has resulted in hardly any bugs for the local bird population to eat. They have effectively been starved out of existence. Yes, cats take a few each year but only a minute fraction of the total. We see those and imagine it’s a huge amount. It isn’t.
Now, farmers have been “ forced “ into using these poisons by the overpopulation of the planet in an attempt to feed too many people. Supermarkets have to take some of the blame too by pressuring farmers into growing the perfect shape crops ( huge waste ) and in massive amounts and under paying them in an attempt to be the cheapest.
I don’t blame them for putting solar panels everywhere now instead but there’s another joke. Renewables!
Cats are credited with killing 55 million birds each year .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back