Where can i stay over night x (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Sophs13

Free Member
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one x
Hi me and my 5 year old little girl are desperate for a couple of nights away at a beach somewhere but funds are very low . We're happy to sleep in the car but I don't know where to start ?? Would love to wake up to the beach but I genuinely have no idea about where to go where to park and where we will be safe !! Any suggestions I would be so grateful xx

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
If just dossing in your car drive, drive into and park in any residential street without parking restrictions. Best to wait until after dark and not too near a pub. Of course may not be sensible with a five year old, in which case Google camp sites near the beach you prefer. Unlikely you will find one. The sad truth about motorhome life.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Where abouts are you based as you probably need a beach not too far away.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
When we were kids my Mum, Dad, Uncle, Aunt would drive towards Weston Super Mare and take back roads when within 25 minutes or so of the town. Any old quiet farm track or recessed gate area that clearly didn't look well trodden would do. Me in boot of one car and brother in the other.

It meant an early start next morning and pride of place on the beach.

But we were two cars and four adults and probably felt safer for that fact. But in contrast obviously no mobile phone invented them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

You really need to tell us where you're starting from to get useful answers.
When you say car, do you mean car or motorhome / campervan ?
If you're in a car your going to need some facilities, eg toilets etc.
There are places for sure, but tell us what part of the country you're in

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Put an advert 0ut for free camping stuff on social media, explain your situation and you may be surprised. All you really need is a tent as you can take bedding etc from home. finding smewhere to use it though within a distance you can afford to travel depends on where you live and just how much youre prepared to bend the rules AND get up early, go to bed late! The intent should be to leave no trace of you ever having been there (other than footprints)

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Hi me and my 5 year old little girl are desperate for a couple of nights away at a beach somewhere but funds are very low . We're happy to sleep in the car but I don't know where to start ?? Would love to wake up to the beach but I genuinely have no idea about where to go where to park and where we will be safe !! Any suggestions I would be so grateful xx
There's an app and website called Park 4 night which will show places you can stay, some for free, probably best to look for ones with good reviews and where there are likely to be other vans parked up rather then somewhere with no one around at all. If you tell us the town or at least the county you are in someone may be able to give specific suggestions.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ah well she never came back, shame some of these posts we get , we could probably helped someone having a hard time or really down, but when they don't come back there is no more we can do and it leaves you wondering doesn't it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back