When is a FLT not a FLT?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT630
Exp
7 years full timing
As far as I know there’s only one person who can police this forum and I don’t believe it’s you Geoff. It’s a harmless abbreviation, lighten up and don’t forget it’s MotorhomeFun. I doubt the people who are called FLTs mind one little bit.

I can be guilty of taking myself far too seriously at times. It’s one of my few faults.
Loool, one of your many faults.... spellchecker! 🤣

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just don't understand why people spend 10's of thousands on a motorhome and then are to tight to spend 50 quid on a campsite.

I just don't understand why some people don't understand why parking up in a row of car,awning,caravan,car,awning,caravan,car,awning,caravan is not for some people. Further, I just don't understand why they assume It's always about money.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I just don't understand why some people don't understand why parking up in a row of car,awning,caravan,car,awning,caravan,car,awning,caravan is not for some people. Further, I just don't understand why they assume It's always about money.

Did you miss my winky face?

Reactions: Jim
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
On the nights that I’m parked up I somewhere out of the way I’m an FL other nights I may be on a campsite as long as it’s under €20 so therefor I’m not a FL…..

As for the T…. I have a Brazilian…..😎
What does your personal topiary predilections have to do with this thread?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
I just don't understand why people spend 10's of thousands on a motorhome and then are not willing to spend 50 quid on a campsite. ;)
Easy.

Because our van allows us to, it’s reasonably covert and totally blackout at night. Never park illegally or where we aren’t wanted, no mess, no noise. Just parked up like…. a parked up vehicle.

Because the campsites are never located where I want to stay.
We travel all over the UK stopping one night here, and another night there, town and city centres, rural villages and remote areas.

Since covid, we’ve travelled over 30k mikes seeing and doing things, not sat on a patch of lawn surrounded by privet hedges and yappy dogs.

I’d rather spend that £50 on a nice meal.

Hope that helps with your not understanding.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Ooo, I feel a new signature coming on)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
I wouldn't mind the "tosser" bit so much - we're all entitled to our opinions.

But I'm not sure the "freeloading" bit is fair. It suggests that the person doing it is not just enjoying free things - you don't "freeload" a sunset or a walk on the beach or a good night's sleep. You "freeload" when you take something from someone else without paying your dues.

But obviously they pay vehicle tax, they pay for anything they buy... And besides, if what they do is within the law then that's that.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I just don't understand why people spend 10's of thousands on a motorhome and then are not willing to spend 50 quid on a campsite. ;)
Not about the money for me, I don’t want to check in have the rules explained, or told where to pitch, what time to go, what time I can arrive.

I want to arrive when I arrive, leave when I am ready and not have to read loads of signs telling me what I can do. I also hate checking in somewhere, I much prefer booking online and turning up or pay and display.

For the privilege of doing everything I don’t like, campsites then charge me £50 a night for all the things I already have.

Alternatively, I could park up somewhere and harm nobody, been away 6 nights so far and only had one freebie, rest have been community Aires or forestry stay the night sites, all of which I am happy to pay the fair prices. :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
This is a real FLT , causing real problems in a lovely wee town that's quite popular with a few fuultimers that don't draw unnecessary attention to themselves.
This particular van has a barbecue and table and chairs sat outside under the awning , and been there 8 months now according to a few locals. Its resulted in a few other vans being vandalised by locals as they vent their frustrations .

This is on a public road View attachment 971051
Yep those pratts are going to ruin it for everyone it's a nice spot. I normally don't like parking in a road but that place is too nice to miss.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't understand why anyone would spend over a 100k on a Motorhome with full facilites and then want to stay on sites. Defeats the object of owning a motorhome

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
This is a real FLT , causing real problems in a lovely wee town that's quite popular with a few fuultimers that don't draw unnecessary attention to themselves.
This particular van has a barbecue and table and chairs sat outside under the awning , and been there 8 months now according to a few locals. Its resulted in a few other vans being vandalised by locals as they vent their frustrations .

This is on a public road View attachment 971051

That’s not good for anyone.

I guess the occupants live in it full time, in which case I’d not envy their circumstance.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That’s not good for anyone.

I guess the occupants live in it full time, in which case I’d not envy their circumstance.
I live in mine fulltime too . But not in the Same place for months on end and leaving a toilet cassette sat underneath. An awning out and table chairs bbq etc on the grass by the roadside is just taking the piss really. It looked like a single male...55-65 I'd have guessed living in it. I was only there the one night but had walked past 4 times In total. He was sat outside on a chair at one point in a dressing gown drinking a coffee and smoking a fag lol. Lots of people walking past taking double looks ..

There's a few other vans there that have clearly been there a while but nothing outside them etc so just look like parked vehicles.

I spoke to a couple of local dog walkers and one other guy in a camper parked there . It's a popular place and campers are tolerated there BUT there is a local group trying to get it banned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back