When is a FLT not a FLT?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For the uninitiated FLT (Free-Loading Tosser) is an impolite term used by those who normally pay for campsites for anyone who parks where payment is not required, usually on the assumption that they are seeking out free parking because they are tightwads.

We are in Italy and in the last week we have been on two municipal parkings where not only is the parking free but the Municipality provides MH service facilities of water, dumping and EHU - ALL FREE.!

The current one was created in about 2020 by Cortona Municipality. It has space for 20 MHs and has 20 EHU points, with modern excellent service point. It is in a tranquil spot on a dead-end road and adjacent to two burial mounds dating back to 300 BC.

My question is if any MHomer uses these such places that do not charge should they be described by the term FLT?

I would even go so far as to ask Jim to rule on whether the term is in breach of his rules.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
For the uninitiated FLT (Free-Loading Tosser) is an impolite term used by those who normally pay for campsites for anyone who parks where payment is not required, usually on the assumption that they are seeking out free parking because they are tightwads.

We are in Italy and in the last week we have been on two municipal parkings where not only is the parking free but the Municipality provides MH service facilities of water, dumping and EHU - ALL FREE.!

The current one was created in about 2020 by Cortona Municipality. It has space for 20 MHs and has 20 EHU points, with modern excellent service point. It is in a tranquil spot on a dead-end road and adjacent to two burial mounds dating back to 300 BC.

My question is if any MHomer uses these such places that do not charge should they be described by the term FLT?

I would even go so far as to ask Jim to rule on whether the term is in breach of his rules.
Just enjoy your freebie, does it really matter ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well I think a lot of us on here would use those facilities even if like us we use campsites as well but I certainly would not call anyone an FLT we take what is available free or not😊🤔👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
What's the point of this post.

There are thousands of free aires

Tam

I agree.

The point of the post is to try to shut down the use of the term FLT by those who use it.

I should have added that our spend of average €70 pd over what will be a 13 week trip hardly qualifies for that term, just because we do not often pay for parking.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I’d just accept being a ‘Lanciatore a caricamento libero’ and have done with it!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As far as I know there’s only one person who can police this forum and I don’t believe it’s you Geoff. It’s a harmless abbreviation, lighten up and don’t forget it’s MotorhomeFun. I doubt the people who are called FLTs mind one little bit.

I can be guilty of taking myself far too seriously at times. It’s one of my few faults.

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For the uninitiated FLT (Free-Loading Tosser) is an impolite term used by those who normally pay for campsites for anyone who parks where payment is not required,

Freeloading FL is what many people do. The free loading tossers are those that ruin it for everyone

There is a link in your post, but see here for what an FLT is.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
With our MoHo friends we regularly have a bit banter about “FLTing”. It is not seen as offensive, merely a term we understand as meaning we had free stop-over. Somehow, “FLing” does not sound right! :unsure:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Freeloading FL is what many people do. The free loading tossers are those that ruin it for everyone

There is a link in your post, but see here for what an FLT is.

I need to clarify I am far more of a TFG than a FLT according to the definition

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Must admit I think the T has lost its harsh meaning from the original 2010 meaning for a lot of us having read Jim’s full link. Maybe that wasn’t the intention of course.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I thought a FLT left a message behind which is where the "T" part comes in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back