Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We went to Chris' sisters one Christmas, she had too much to drink and subsequently kept having a go at her & Chris' Mum about how her Mum treated her when she was a 16 year old even though she was over 60 by then!
My Mum is like that without a drink and is 93. My sister and I switch off when she starts on how nasty people were and are to her. She can twist any conversation into being abusive towards her.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We will join our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren for our traditional Christmas Eve lunch.

Every year for the last 35 years we have met at the same pub/restaurant with our daughter and S-I-L and our grandchildren joined us 23 years ago.

Then, on Christmas Day we get together again at one of our houses for Lunch and board games. Boxing Day is spent on our own and New Year is the occasion for the two of us to fly somewhere warm for a week of being looked after in a good hotel.

Yes, we enjoy Christmas time!🙂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Microwaving a chicken somewhere in the south of Spain getting pissed on tintoretto de verano .. possibly with Jackie
The Chinese restaurant called the Grand Mundo at Puerto de Mazarron is open on Christmas Day - all you can eat freshly cooked, meat, fish, shellfish, you name it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Might be working delivering food to 2 NHS Hospitals in our trust on both days, or could actually be off on both Christmas day and boxing day, but should be back in on the 27th, 28th and 29th, then off until 4th Jan 25.
Then off to Benidorm if all goes to plan at end of Jan.
Who knows. No organisation as yet has been spoken of.
The NHS could not sort a drinking session in an establishment designed for fermenting such alcoholic embellishments.
And that's being polite!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
The Chinese restaurant called the Grand Mundo at Puerto de Mazarron is open on Christmas Day - all you can eat freshly cooked, meat, fish, shellfish, you name it.
Aye but mazarron is too far north for me at Christmas this year as I'll be going to Morocco the week after

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Aye but mazarron is too far north for me at Christmas this year as I'll be going to Morocco the week after
But you like driving daft distances! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
The week over Christmas Dubai with grandkids, 27th Dec Sydney, 1st Jan Indian-Pacific train from Syd to Perth then 4 weeks touring mostly around SW Aussy.
EDIT
Then back to Dubai for 2 weeks ish.
We're not far behind you, Vietnam and Cambodia then fly into Perth, stay with a biker mate for a few days then drive down to Margaret River back to Perth Via Albany. Another 3 weeks driving the Wine valleys from Adelaide to Melbourne with Sister in Law and her Hubby before heading home Via Thailand.
Hope you have a great time.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Holdsworth
Exp
Since 2016
I’m dog sitting from 20th Dec. to 31st. But I don’t mind as I love the little blighters. Lucky to have them in my life, such fun. Reckon I’ll tag a week before looking after my Mum, give my family a well deserved break. xx

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Taking the van to Zell am See for 16 days skiing over Christmas and New Year. Stopping at Brasserie Artisanale des 2 Caps on the way to stock up with essentials :LOL: :drinks:and having a steak and ale pie from Chatsworth farm shop for Christmas lunch in the evening of course ::bigsmile:after I hope a good days skiing on the slopes

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I get a surprise chocolate orange every year at Christmas. Be nice to get a surprise festive one.
So will the Funsters who go to the Midsummer Madness rally next June :rofl:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
If
We will be somewhere in Spain probably near Gibraltar as we will be going over to Morocco early January…. I don’t do Xmas but Cintia the Brazilian does so I’m sure we will have a meal out somewhere or gate crash someone else’s…😎

What are you doing…?🤔
Garry
If you’re in La linea around Christmas book a table for you and your Brazilian at La Chacra steak restaurant, you won’t regret it! 👍😁😎
Alex

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair
Exp
Since Sept '22
Flying to Spain 20th Dec for 2 ish weeks🇪🇸Napelese restaurant booked for Xmas dinner after a visit to La Zenia beach to drink 🥂 and see the thousands of people that meet up there each year dressed as 🎅🤶

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Future DiL (wedding is March next year) and son have a pub (and a brewery which services the pub). Her parents live across the road where all of the food is prepped for Christmas dinner.
The pub will be open on Christmas day from 12 until 2pm. for the loyal few who venture out.
After they are kicked out the pub then becomes ours for the rest of the day. The food is ferried across the road, the bar becomes self-service, and the rest of the day is given over to pure self indulgence and enjoyment for both lots of families. 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Christmas Day at my daughters with grandkids, Boxing Day at other daughters with grandkids (swap year about). Have a day of rest then 28th start heading north to arrive in Stonehaven on the 30th in time for the New Years Eve fireball festival. If there’s snow, throw some skis in the van and 2nd Jan head to Glen Shee.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
bailey autograph
We will be in southern Spain Camping Cabopino. We have booked Xmas dinner at the The Far post in Calahonda .well actually put on reserve in February when we were there. Pleased to say we got in food is fab and friendly locals expats. And a lovely walk along the board walk

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
I love Christmas and we will be spending it in our motorhome, "Bob", in Bath through to the New Year. It will be our 23rd year there! Bath is wonderful at Christmastime and I enjoy decorating Bob. Whatever you are all doing, I hope it will be a happy time x

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back