What UK TV can I watch abroad? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Just getting ready for our TV trips abroad in the New Year, now find that the one we used this year TV Mucho have disappeared. I used to watch via my iPad. There must be others out there hope members can suggest some other company. In particular we like to watch the Tour de France live.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
If you use a UK sim card you can watch any of the main UK channels abroad via BBC iplayer, Channel 4, My5 and ITVX.

If you have a foreign sim then get a VPN and you can still watch all of the above.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you use a UK sim card you can watch any of the main UK channels abroad via BBC iplayer, Channel 4, My5 and ITVX.

If you have a foreign sim then get a VPN and you can still watch all of the above.
I wouldn't put too much faith in a VPN. We tried to watch the coronation while away and in spite of using a VPN to look like we were in the UK the BBC recognised it and blocked us. Luckily the whole thing was on the BBC news website so we did get to see it.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We’re on the south coast of Spain watching U.K. telly on a Spanish sim (Lobster) through a vpn and it’s fine. My darling carer is waiting for Coronation Street coming on right now. Oh deep joy :doh: :whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
But a cheap android TV box and install the TVTAP app.(ebay) use a UK sim in a router or put it in your phone and then turn phone into a Hotspot, and away you go, just done 11 weeks in Spain and France no issues what so ever, have a Firestick as well but never used it

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I wouldn't put too much faith in a VPN. We tried to watch the coronation while away and in spite of using a VPN to look like we were in the UK the BBC recognised it and blocked us. Luckily the whole thing was on the BBC news website so we did get to see it.

You need to get a decent one. Express VPN or Nord VPN are the best. I used them for 3 years when I lived in Hong Kong and apart from occasional issues with BBC found them very reliable. Also used both services (one month free on each) for 2 months on my Balkans tour this Autumn. Again - no issues.

Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
As Tvmucho isn't available anymore, check out teeveeing.com as an alternative.

If you prefer to use a VPN, we can recommend Express VPN. Excellent and customer service is second to none.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You need to get a decent one. Express VPN or Nord VPN are the best. I used them for 3 years when I lived in Hong Kong and apart from occasional issues with BBC found them very reliable. Also used both services (one month free on each) for 2 months on my Balkans tour this Autumn. Again - no issues.
It was Express VPN I was using.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We never have any issues with geographically restricted content and have used a number of different VPN's over the years with 100% results every time... Try connecting to a UK location with VPN other than London...not sure why, but it seems to give some people less issues...

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for all your replies. As I stated Mucho TV is no longer available. Mucho TV suited us while travelling abroad, one or two hiccups but 90% reliable. I now find that another company has replaced Mucho. This is a company trading under a name “Teeveeing”. Looking at their website they seem to be the trading as Mucho did. Looking at the prices they charge these are very similar. I shall be using them on our next trip, hopefully this coming Jan/Feb.

I would like to wish all members of MF a very happy New Year and very safe trips where you wander.

Colyboy

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Surfshark is a VPN I use whilst in the van...upto 10 connections...so it's installed on Android phones and tablets, Firestick too....works well in Spain...
Providing you do regular updates... advised by the provider it serves us well...
Lots of apps for UK TV on Firestick...and Android...Using my Spanish SIM with Mega Data bundle...

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Can you go go to a shop in Spain and buy a PAYG data sim.
Dont want a contract as we are only away for a month.

Andy

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
We used Transponder TV our first winter away
and it was fine. Now use Nord VPN with a Firestick and all is well

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
I have a Fire Stick which I watch some Prime Videos or YouTube. Be aware that you can gobble data very quickly. Watching over a weekend 3 Reacher episodes and about 2 hours on YouTube used about 20 gb.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I have a Fire Stick which I watch some Prime Videos or YouTube. Be aware that you can gobble data very quickly. Watching over a weekend 3 Reacher episodes and about 2 hours on YouTube used about 20 gb.
You need to go on your Firestick setting & turn down the resolution. You should only use about 1gb per hour for Tv.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I,m interested in one of these but just noticed the three pin plug, I assume that I would need to be on hook up or need and inverter ?

It’s possible to run it from the USB socket most TVs are equipped with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back