What next?! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
Hi, I'm sure some of you know me by now through all the inane questions I've asked and very kindly only rolled your eyes when I wasn't looking! I'm the one who had the bike handle go through the back of the van just as I was about to board the tunnel. Hey ho, I've now put duck tape on it and it's working a treat!

Having a wonderful time and very few mishaps so far. Well, if you don't count the time I locked myself out of my van at an aire (only picnic tables and toilets) with only one elderly couple in sight and 26C heat. Keys and phone (and everything else inside!). What to do!? Just as I was about to panic, a young lad (ha! my age is showing - he must have been late 30s/early 40s) rolled up in a transit van - complete with all sorts of tools, equipment and ladder!
My shining knight in armour managed to jimmie the small kitchen window open enough to get the other window open with some tools and then reach in and get the keys.

Just thought I'd share... See things work out in the end :giggle:

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Hi, I'm sure some of you know me by now through all the inane questions I've asked and very kindly only rolled your eyes when I wasn't looking! I'm the one who had the bike handle go through the back of the van just as I was about to board the tunnel. Hey ho, I've now put duck tape on it and it's working a treat!

Having a wonderful time and very few mishaps so far. Well, if you don't count the time I locked myself out of my van at an aire (only picnic tables and toilets) with only one elderly couple in sight and 26C heat. Keys and phone (and everything else inside!). What to do!? Just as I was about to panic, a young lad (ha! my age is showing - he must have been late 30s/early 40s) rolled up in a transit van - complete with all sorts of tools, equipment and ladder!
My shining knight in armour managed to jimmie the small kitchen window open enough to get the other window open with some tools and then reach in and get the keys.

With the luck you seem to be having don’t try your hand at skydiving 🤞

OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
With the luck you seem to be having don’t try your hand at skydiving 🤞
I think it was rather amazing that this chap just 'turned up'. No reason for him being there that I could see apart from the quick cigarette and phone call on his mobile. We were so remote, it was odd a local worker would just turn up like that - but I'm not looking a gift horse.. 🥰

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I think it was rather amazing that this chap just 'turned up'. No reason for him being there that I could see apart from the quick cigarette and phone call on his mobile. We were so remote, it was odd a local worker would just turn up like that - but I'm not looking a gift horse.. 🥰
…… perhaps he steals motorhomes parked in the middle of nowhere 🤪

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
…… perhaps he steals motorhomes parked in the middle of nowhere 🤪
Ahh... so are you saying that he didn't think my 'SUPERIOUR deluxe Accordo 105' was so little value to him that he handed back the keys to me?? If so, I demand my money back... after my return of course.... :giggle:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

A few years ago we lost our keys while out walking our dog. Retracing our steps didn’t locate them.

We went to the Campsite reception to use their phone as mobile service was non-existent and ring our breakdown service. They were quite happy to let us do so. About 30 minutes later a service van arrived from the Belgian version of the AA, (other services are available 😎), and about three minutes later we were in although the alarm was operating and we had to grab our spare fob to silence it.

Three things we learnt

1. Don’t lose your keys.
2. How easy it is to get into a motorhome if you know how.
3. How helpful the Belgian people can be. When we went to reception to thank them they told
us that they had reported our lost keys to the Police, that they had already been handed in and, as the Police Station was on their way home for lunch, they would collect them for us.

Fortunately, we were not in the middle of nowhere, like you.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’re always surprised nowadays by honesty. About a month ago my daughter left her handbag on the tube on her way home from work in London. She’d left early with a migraine. She was also carrying a rucksack as she’d planned to go to the gym. She got back to her flat and realised no handbag.

She cancelled everything quickly of course. She contacted lost property not holding out much hope but about a week later she had an email saying it had been handed in. Not even the £20 was missing.

She was lucky but amazing really on a tube in central London.

OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
A few years ago we lost our keys while out walking our dog. Retracing our steps didn’t locate them.

We went to the Campsite reception to use their phone as mobile service was non-existent and ring our breakdown service. They were quite happy to let us do so. About 30 minutes later a service van arrived from the Belgian version of the AA, (other services are available 😎), and about three minutes later we were in although the alarm was operating and we had to grab our spare fob to silence it.

Three things we learnt

1. Don’t lose your keys.
2. How easy it is to get into a motorhome if you know how.
3. How helpful the Belgian people can be. When we went to reception to thank them they told
us that they had reported our lost keys to the Police, that they had already been handed in and, as the Police Station was on their way home for lunch, they would collect them for us.

Fortunately, we were not in the middle of nowhere, like you.
It can happen so easily and so quickly!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back