Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
We were unexpectedly 'stuck' in the van the other night and I managed to make up a meal from leftovers in the fridge and I got to wondering if it was sensible to have an emergency meal in the Van for such time. My mind wandered to a tin of beans with sausages in and a tin of new potatoes as they would last for years in a cupboard somewhere. Pretty boring, but we only have x2 gas rings - no Oven or Microwave. So I'm asking what others have if anything and if you can think of anything a little less boring!

Thanks.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Smoked sausage, tin of mackerel in tomato sauce, tin of beans.

But definitely get some alternatives after reading all the entries, ie: M+S curry, M+S chicken and also some corned beef with tined tatties. Not many shouts for brekkie cereal, that a proper emergency !

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
We were unexpectedly 'stuck' in the van the other night and I managed to make up a meal from leftovers in the fridge and I got to wondering if it was sensible to have an emergency meal in the Van for such time. My mind wandered to a tin of beans with sausages in and a tin of new potatoes as they would last for years in a cupboard somewhere. Pretty boring, but we only have x2 gas rings - no Oven or Microwave. So I'm asking what others have if anything and if you can think of anything a little less boring!

Thanks.
Nothing wrong with a pack of Aldi 3 minute noodles.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back