What I would really like

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
What I would really like is an immobiliser that required a keypad (or via a phone app) entered pin as well as a fob/card, anyone know of any?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
What I would really like is an immobiliser that required a keypad (or via a phone app) entered pin as well as a fob/card, anyone know of any?

That is one of the things I have listed to be included when I get around to building my own alarm system. Easiest way is to have a circuit which "enables" / puts on the alarm via a switch with time delay from inside the MH and a circuit which connects via wifi to your mobile phone, on which you have to enter a code to "disable" the alarm. It does get a bit more involved when you include the night time occupied situation, but that's another story.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The Vanbitz non starter is a great piece of kit but I think you need their alarm to go with it😊👍

OP
OP
swemmy666
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
The Vanbitz non starter is a great piece of kit but I think you need their alarm to go with it😊👍
Yes its on the list, the one I have to get past my wifefinance manager. I'm happy to login to my computer every time I use it, so wouldn't find a starter login too onerous, once a trip.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes its on the list, the one I have to get past my wifefinance manager. I'm happy to login to my computer every time I use it, so wouldn't find a starter login too onerous, once a trip.
You have the app on your phone for the non starter which is so easy to use I know it’s not cheap but worth every penny for peace of mind😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
The Ghost 2 needs a PIN entry code to disarm, you use a (user selected) combination of buttons on your steering wheel and/or dash.
You can get a fob and there is an app but the recommendation is to stick with just the PIN entry, adding other unlock methods can reduce security.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We had the vanity non starter installed.

Ash asked what alarm system we had, advised Meta, which he said was compatible so non need for new alarm, the jlthe non starter 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back