What effect do the following security products have on insurance 2024

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010

Was with them for many years. Then with the new van (even with the freshly installed Growler and the Meta Trak and the home storage and more than 10 years without a claim) they didn't want to know, because my travel patterns in Europe fell foul of some or other criterion (I have a place there and spend some time at it, sometimes with my van).

So on paper all my small print compliance was good. But their planets had realigned in such a way that I'm not the sort of person they insure. But never mind - someone else was very happy for the business. For one year, and then they weren't because they weren't doing motorhomes anymore. But that was ok too - the people they had previously partnered with were happy to keep me on at a low premium. That's just how the industry works.

So I don't attach too much weight to the 'discounts' that I sometimes read about. They work, they don't work, they work, ...

But the Growler and the Meta Track are of course brilliant (y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
We were insured by Comfort for several years, only changing our insurance this year. We have Thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser and Thatcham approved deadlock tracker with 24 hour monitoring, all in addition to other passive security features. There was no discount from Comfort because they said we already benefited from an old folks discount (or words to that effect) so no other discount was on offer. Nevertheless, the alarm and tracker, etc give us considerable peace of mind.

Sure, insurance would cover motorhome theft but we have made a lot of additions and improvements to our MH and wouldn’t like to have to go to all that effort and expense again in a replacement one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back