What do you get for 2kw of EHU ... (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When we last did ACSI in Spain, the Dometic Fridge Freezer used up 3.5Kw of the 4Kw allowance, and each unit thereafter was charged at 0.48cents. We now just pay the lesser pitch fee, and for any electricity we use, running the fridge on cheap Spanish propane cylinders during the daytime. On the last visit we only used 11.5 Euros in 5 x weeks by unplugging during the day and using solar power and gas, then plugging in at night and running the FF on EHU.

I look forward to the day when we do go over to LiFeP04. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Exactly how it should be done....LPG in Spain is cheap as Patatas Fritas as mains gas is a rarity....
Should campsites be making a profit on their resale of Electric....perhaps not....they cover their cost, installation and maintenance quite well at 0.48€ a kWh...
Well done Jock for getting it right...🇪🇦🥳😃

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
It's very common to get kW and kWh confused. ...

I'd like to be able to remember this. In order for this to stick in my brain, can you tell me what kW and KWh stand for, please? And why are some letters are capitals and others lower case? Thank you so much :)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
k - kilo (x1000 of anything it precedes) It's a standard multiplier
W = Watts (A Watt is a proper noun as is named after someone and hence is capitalised)
h - hour

All defined by the International System of Units (SI),

Edit to add. Miles are not standard units otherwise MPH would be written as mh or m/h. The former would cause confusions as in SI standards it says megahour (1,000,000 hours) or metres per hour. Hence having standards that everyone can refer to and understand..

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I tried to give a real life example of what you get for your money, which was that 2kw of electricity at 16A 'as advertised by the site'
And was perfectly understandable to most.
That is confusing you say 2KW which is an 8.5Amp supply. Then you say a 16A supply.
You get 2000watts of electricity per1€.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
You get 2000watts of electricity per1€.
👍👍👍

That's what I got, 2000w for €1 as advertised by the site operator - which equated to around 50% of my battery (so around 150Ah). It took a few hours to charge though and we brewed up a couple of times and when I had used 2kw it shut off !!

If anyone wants to contact the site operator and tell them how they should advertise/sell it correctly then feel free - it was the motorhome aire at Den Helder ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back