What do the continentals do with their bedding? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I asked for our windows ( on replacement) to open outwards but with the hinge to allow you to clean them from the inside, you could get your arm out on the hinge side.
The fitter said he could not fit these as it reduced the opening for you to get out in case of fire.
He did fit them afterwards when I assured him if there was a fire we would get through them!
He did have to come back with the replacement hinges for one side just to comply with Building Regs on the first fit.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Every time I refurb a house I make sure the windows open inwards, or tilt and turn.

I also have a policy of one of the windows into the main room(s) being able to be opened on a tilt for normal ventilation but also to be opened inward on a side hinge so that large items of furniture such as sofas and beds can easily be moved in and out.

View attachment 936918

Every time I spec it, I get questioned by the window company.
Every time I have it installed I get comments from the builders and fitters on what a bright idea it was and they will do the same in future.
And new tenants and furniture companies love it.

It never ceases to amaze me that in this day and age it's not standard fitting instructions for every window salesman in the land.

I don't like these windows at all. I stay in many hotels that have them and will never open them on the tilt, as they feel like they're going to fall inwards.

At our home in France, we have windows that open inwards. The only downside is that can't be opened slightly for ventilation, as the slightest of breezes and they blow inwards. i could fashion some kind of tie on them to keep them in a slightly open manner but I'm really not home that often to worry too much about it :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We take spare bedding so we don't have to wash it also enough undies etc for our entire 2 month holidays, usually 60 pairs of knickers each plus a few spares 'just in case'. :LOL:
Crikey ...I bet 118 pairs if worn undies leaves a pleasant odour in the van šŸ¤£

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Crikey ...I bet 118 pairs if worn undies leaves a pleasant odour in the van šŸ¤£
Socks are the smelly things! We have sealed storage bags (the type you squeeze the air out of rather than use a vacuum to suck it out) for dirty washing so no nasty nifs. When we are back home we just have to stand well back in a well ventilated room to empty the bags out. :sick::LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
At my 4th floor flat in Cologne the vertically hinged windows opened inwards into the room making cleaning them a doddle. Back home windows open outwards so I need to have a window cleaner. Seems daft why 'ours' don't open inwards like the ones in Germany. :unsure:
Every house I've owned had tilt and turn windows that opened inwards for easy cleaning.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Every house I've owned had tilt and turn windows that opened inwards for easy cleaning.

Presumably you are talking about Toby, Moby and the like :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back