What did the dealer connect here during service (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does anybody know what a Peugeot dealer would connect to the usb socket in the centre consul cup holder ?
The reason I'm asking is that when I took my Autograph 68-2 in for it's 3rd service (6 years) & MOT, I had music from the usb stick and on the way back I did not. I assumed the lead had fallen out from the back of the socket.
Wrong, the dealers had disconnected the usb lead to my Pioneer head unit and reconnected the vehicle harness lead instead.
Only just got round to sorting this and am unable to phone the dealer till Monday.
Not impressed and Peugeot's customer satisfaction survey will reflect this.

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Does anybody know what a Peugeot dealer would connect to the usb socket in the centre consul cup holder ?
The reason I'm asking is that when I took my Autograph 68-2 in for it's 3rd service (6 years) & MOT, I had music from the usb stick and on the way back I did not. I assumed the lead had fallen out from the back of the socket.
Wrong, the dealers had disconnected the usb lead to my Pioneer head unit and reconnected the vehicle harness lead instead.
Only just got round to sorting this and am unable to phone the dealer till Monday.
Not impressed and Peugeot's customer satisfaction survey will reflect this.
The pollen filter is behind that panel with the USB connector,and you have to remove it to change the pollen filter, the fitter would have plugged the ( in his eyes ) correct USB lead back in.
I would believe that it would be unfair to complain about that, unless you had informed the dealer prior to the service that you have made a modification to the original wiring.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I would believe that it would be unfair to complain about that, unless you had informed the dealer prior to the service that you have made a modification to the original wiring.

It's up to the mechanic/technician to check and note where cables are removed from and refitted too when working on a vehicle, not for you to inform them of any cabling mods, so what if the cabling mods had been done by a previous owner, what then ?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Perhaps insulation tape around the original would have shown that that connection should not be used!

OP
OP
The Artilleryman
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
The pollen filter is behind that panel with the USB connector,and you have to remove it to change the pollen filter, the fitter would have plugged the ( in his eyes ) correct USB lead back in.
Now that i know why the panel was removed, I'm a lot happier and can understand why the wrong plug was refitted. I'll tape the harness up out of the way in future.
Perhaps insulation tape around the original would have shown that that connection should not be used!
Wasn't expecting the panel to be removed by anybody other than me, harness lead will be taped up well out of the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back