Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
When we were stopped over at Amboise last week, i noticed there were 2 security guards (1 male & 1 female) at the entrance of the Amboise Municipal Campsite with their German Shepherd.
Can’t say I’ve ever noticed that type of security before at a campsite, having said that it was a Friday night and perhaps things go a bit wild..

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
When we were stopped over at Amboise last week, i noticed there were 2 security guards (1 male & 1 female) at the entrance of the Amboise Municipal Campsite with their German Shepherd.
Can’t say I’ve ever noticed that type of security before at a campsite, having said that it was a Friday night and perhaps things go a bit wild..

It’s to keep those with a tag axle from entering; we have been refused entry there on two separate occasions.👍

Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
It’s to keep those with a tag axle from entering; we have been refused entry there on two separate occasions.👍

Ian
Interesting point re tag axle Ian, I noticed several campsites stipulating no ‘twin axle’ caravans or Motorhomes. The missus didn’t try to book us into any of those as we’re a twin axle, however I noticed at the very campsite above there was a twin axle camped so we’ve started just winging it and not had any hassle so far. I think it’s a terminology thing with the French as I don’t believe you can get a twin axle caravan

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Interesting point re tag axle Ian, I noticed several campsites stipulating no ‘twin axle’ caravans or Motorhomes. The missus didn’t try to book us into any of those as we’re a twin axle, however I noticed at the very campsite above there was a twin axle camped so we’ve started just winging it and not had any hassle so far. I think it’s a terminology thing with the French as I don’t believe you can get a twin axle caravan
F97971FB-ABAD-4284-BDCD-29EC8A7BD908.jpeg

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We had a hobby caravan years ago and a lot of sites were funny about them as most were owned by people from the travelling community. In the end we had very few problems.

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It could be a site being used for the Olympics and beefed up security, find you we have had armed security guards on sites in southern France near Nice.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back