Whale Surge Damper

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Motorhoming since 2011 - now returning after a long break!
Our newly acquired 2008 van has a Whale Surge Damper on the water inlet (between pump and taps) but no idea how old it is. Does this need "cleaning" in any way, or a new filter of some kind installed in it - or is it just a sealed kit and goes on forever....?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Bottle with a bladder in it. I guess it might perish? If you want to test, disconnect it and connect pipe directly to pump. You should see a lot more pulsing at the taps and longer running on after tap off to repressurise.
They are quite cheap to replace and I fitted one to our old Autocruise . I would add one to my RV but not enough space!!!!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
You may have one with a schrader? valve attached. If you do, and can let pressure out you should see a difference. Then re pressurise

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
it doesn’t need cleaning, and if your water works are working ok. Leave it alone.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
If its the small white plastic one it might just contain air to act as a cushion from the pulsing caused by the pump - had one like that once, all I ever did was empty it once in around 5 years. Never took it apart, but I don't think there was anything inside

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back