Whale heater not connecting (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
I am currently in Sospel, France (raining all day and chilly :( ). I have electric hooked up and it is working except my Whale heater keeps cutting off. Both the hot water and the heater showing the ! sign. When I look to see the code, it's telling me that three lines indicate there is not enough/too much power in the battery. Battery reading 13 volts so is right in the middle.

I've tried switching on and off but nothing seems to work. Any ideas??

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I am currently in Sospel, France (raining all day and chilly :( ). I have electric hooked up and it is working except my Whale heater keeps cutting off. Both the hot water and the heater showing the ! sign. When I look to see the code, it's telling me that three lines indicate there is not enough/too much power in the battery. Battery reading 13 volts so is right in the middle.

Hi i am not familiar with the combination whale but a couple of questions,
Have you had it working propably before, just because your battery is full does not mean the power cable is getting the power or correct power to the heater

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
It may help other to diagnose if you know the model of the controller or post a picture and make and year of your van

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Power off, pause, back on. If doesn't work, press reset, seems to work for me. If not, battery power could be low. On lead acid, the voltage is not a good indication of the depth of power. But then, I'm no expert. As anyone can tell you😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Hi i am not familiar with the combination whale but a couple of questions,
Have you had it working propably before, just because your battery is full does not mean the power cable is getting the power or correct power to the heater
Hi, yes was working until yesterday. I just assumed it was the voltage at the site I was at and didn't bother with it. But now it's the same here and so I think it must be something else.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
It may help other to diagnose if you know the model of the controller or post a picture and make and year of your van
Ok, here are a few photos: first showing them off - the next two are me pressing each one showing the three bars which, according to my booklet, says battery is either above 15 or not enough power in batter (too high/too low). Neither is the case here. I'm in an Accordo 105 (2018) if that helps at all.

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Power off, pause, back on. If doesn't work, press reset, seems to work for me. If not, battery power could be low. On lead acid, the voltage is not a good indication of the depth of power. But then, I'm no expert. As anyone can tell you😀
erm... reset button?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Red button on the heater panel under the floor/ sofa.
I am whispering this as I don't want to scare it... but I think that worked!! Just put the water on 'one wave' and the heating on the night setting and they haven't cut out... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :love:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Where is the mysterious reset button located ?
Mine is on the side of the box where all the fuses are located - underneath the seating area.

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
On my water heater it’s on the controller just above my finger

View attachment 899661
For anyone that has this type of control for the whale expanse water heater as I believe for the expanse they also do a duo panel but for the round display it a hard to see part of the surround centre bottom as mentions the OP has a different one

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012

If it's the Domaine site they only have 10amp hook up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back