OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
hello again .

At the bottom right of the door underneath the floor at this corner inside is rotten .
I have sealed the roof and covered my van but the water is some how getting in to this corner .
The seal exterior down the left side of the gas holds dep’t is all I can think of for this water ingress .the seal looks good ? Is it possible the water would be getting in here lower down of the seal . It’s a nightmare ! Can’t work this out .
On the opposite side of my van it is the very same ,,,bottom corner !

Help please if possible ? Any advice will be welcome .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
Should have said bottom left of the gas dept door underneath ..sorry !

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'd look underneath at whether there's mud holding moisture against the floor and whether the floor to side panel seals are still intact

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
A photo of inside gas locker might be useful as it should be sealed from the the rest of the vehicle if it is then could it be water spray as suggested hitting outside of gas locker and deflecting onto floor?🤔

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Do you have a double floor? Sometimes one can have an internal water leak from the van's pipework which then flows to the lowest exit point. If the van is left stationary for a while water can pool and cause damage.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
I will get some photos .
I have not used the van for a few weeks but I do cover it when rain here is imminent as I’m aware of this leak . Phots to follow!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
Here are the photos .
Gas locker is very dry but to the left side it’s wet .
Sorry for being vague ..

IMG_0286.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
This is the corner it’s wet ,the floor is bad in the corner and the damp is creeping up the inside

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Wet at the very lowest point where you have that gulley, but not above it? If that bottom bit you can see is part of a floor or level section I would think the water may potentially be flowing from elsewhere, with either an internal leak from the water system or an external leak as the source.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
It could be coming in from anywhere, water can wick a long way so you need to expand your search.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
Thanks Paul
Yes the darker photo is the floor bottom where I have lifted a portion of linoleum ..
I will take a look but on this side corner there is no plumbing .

Must be external leak but this is beating me as the exterior seal that side looks intact and also the cover is on that points to your theory that it’s from low level ..
God it beats me .
Thank you all for your input and dunnah1 for the help regarding my seperator yesterday .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
What is it like inside, have you checked ceiling/wall and inside gas locker ?
Inside gas locker seems to be very dry . The opposite side of van in the photo is exactly the Same..just the corner floor very damp and corrosion set in
I am not seeing or feeling any wet soft spots on the ceiling and walls seems dry and intact .
No rusty colour blemishes to see .

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
If the gas locker is sealed as it should be then could a leak from the window surround above be coming down internally and tracking across to the damp area?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tapdave
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
DucatoEriba 2.8 2003
If the gas locker is sealed as it should be then could a leak from the window surround above be coming down internally and tracking across to the damp area?
I am going to take a a better look at your idea when the rain goes of . The window has just been sealed but I could have quite easily missed something .

Good point again and thanks

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Paul
Yes the darker photo is the floor bottom where I have lifted a portion of linoleum ..
I will take a look but on this side corner there is no plumbing .

Must be external leak but this is beating me as the exterior seal that side looks intact and also the cover is on that points to your theory that it’s from low level ..
God it beats me .
Thank you all for your input and dunnah1 for the help regarding my seperator yesterday .

Is the wet bit the extreme end of a floor that runs much of the length of the van? And is there, anywhere along the length of this floor, plumbing - pipes, taps, boiler, water pump, tanks - above the level of the floor?

If so, the water can run quite far from its source - I've seen it travel about 4 or 5 metres from the source, in a double floor, before emerging somewhere.

It's probably just worth eliminating that as a possible source if there is any possibility that it could come from inside.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
If that's the fresh water filler point to the right of the gas locker, It may be worth checking the filler pipe to the tank to see if there is an issue there.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As water can travel some distance before settling and causing rot, I would consider a damp check to explore where else damp may have travelled from. The damage would tend to be caused, I guess, when the water cannot escape and spends time there.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back