West coast of Scotland locations. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 8, 2021
Gosport
Funster No
MH
Swift RIO 310
Exp
since 2021
A coupe of years ago I followed the NC500 route, which was a lot of miles in a short timescale. This September I am planning a trip from the south coast (Hampshire) to the West coast of Scotland. I am a photographer and this trip is to photograph landscapes and seascapes. Once I arrive at the West coast I would prefer to stay on sites for a few days so I will not be venturing up to the top of Scotland this trip. I would appreciate recommendations for campsites on or very close to beaches (I have a greyhound who loves to run on sand) If not beaches the lochs are also of interest. I may well stop of at Loch Lomond on route and a diversion to Glen Coe is not out of the question.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
The CAMC affiliated site at North Ledaig is on a beach that is quite large. The site is sloped so I suspect every pitch has an uninterrupted view of the sea and Mull. Bus outside the gate to Oban and on a tarmac cycle way too. Glen Coe is very close by

Sep 3, 2023
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
AS winchcombe
Exp
Since 2014
Sunnyside croft campsite silver sands between arisaig and malaig. The views are stunning over the islands. Direct access to beach. Short drive to arisaig or malaig for shops. Site has small shop. But very bejou. The views and beach are to die for. I think it's a couple of night spot as it's a bit steep on price. But the views. Wow .

Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
We're of to Scotland in September too , Moffat first stop then on to Milarrochy C&CC sit for a couple of days then don't know where ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
We're of to Scotland in September too , Moffat first stop then on to Milarrochy C&CC sit for a couple of days then don't know where ??
Left Moffat a few days ago, having just overnighted there. Quiet freebie park-up in the road by the College that leads to the Green Frog. I wouldn't rate D&G for beaches though. Either very rocky or miles of mud.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Can't deny though that some of the beaches further up the Solway can be muddy but brilliant for flounder tramping! (y) :giggle:
Indeed... but make sure you tramp wi yer running shoes on, cause when tide comes in, by feck does it come in..🌊🌊🌊

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Indeed... but make sure you tramp wi yer running shoes on, cause when tide comes in, by feck does it come in..🌊🌊🌊
Yip, that's why you always tramp with the tide going out and know when it's turning!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The world championships for flounder trapping is held in D&G each year, it’s in the village of Palnackie.

Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Is Glencoe worth a visit peeps ?? Nice site to stay on ??

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

It’s certainly worth the drive and possibly a night or two if you like walking, you can stop at the Ski centre for a donation and they also have showers and cafe. If decent weather you could get the chair lift up and have a walk round taking in the views before heading back down, you can walk down or mountain bike down if brave .

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Glencoe is my favourite place on the planet

https://www.invercoe.co.uk/ between Glencoe and Ballachulish is a wonderful site with views to die for (y)
Not quite dying but just been stung by a honeybee while typing this, ouch. The things I do for FUN ;)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Thanks all will have a look at Invercoe site see if we can get on 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries