Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi Meanders. See what you mean . The weighbridge at Gateshead does have a ramp. If I can't find one that is level then I will have to put up with some inaccuracy.
Happy Jack.

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
VX man, already looked at those. Would probably go for the one with compressor and individual controls, a fair bit more costly but gives more control. Happy Jack.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Happy Jack . Thanks for the reply. It occurred to me that perhaps you don't know the trick of addressing anther forum member. If you type the @ and then immediately the forum name it will come up with a list you click on. It has the big advantage is that it alerts the recipient saying they were mentioned in a post so they can review it. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
OK Meanders, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
Will try it soon. Too busy at the mo getting ready for our trip.
2 nights in Yorks, same in Derbyshire, then 5 in Shropshire.
On the way back 2 in Notts, 1 in Yorks then home.
Happy Jack.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
There is one at Wingate you weigh the front and then the back and work out your total weight from their.

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Lenny, same question, is it flat?

Mar 14, 2016
havant
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
since 2002
There is one just off the Chichester bypass if thats close enough for you I'll find out who it is, a mate had his weighed there recently.
Great, thanks that will be close enough, the one off Eastern Road Portsmouth and Havant, only do total weight, which is not much help as I also want to see front and back for tyre pressures.

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
There is one at Wingate you weigh the front and then the back and work out your total weight from their.
Andy, do you mean the Wingate near Peterlee and what is the facilty called also is it flat.
Happy Jack.

Mar 14, 2016
havant
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
since 2002
I think I have located it, is it Bartholomews Merston?
Many thanks

Richard

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Great, thanks that will be close enough, the one off Eastern Road Portsmouth and Havant, only do total weight, which is not much help as I also want to see front and back for tyre pressures.
Here you are and it's a flat one.

1685631905471.png

Feb 3, 2019
Washington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
The weighbridge in Gateshead is raised to accommodate the weighing mechanism. The vehicle is weighed in a fully horizontal position. One only drives up the ramp onto the bridge.
Jobla

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
The weighbridge in Gateshead is raised to accommodate the weighing mechanism. The vehicle is weighed in a fully horizontal position. One only drives up the ramp onto the bridge.
Jobla
Yes Jobla. Understand that. It's ok to get max weight of whole van but doing the axles involvea part way on each time which alters the c of g. I'm not 100% sure it would make a huge difference but the readings would not be wholly accurate.
Happy Jack.

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
So, does anyone know of a flat one in North East England.
Happy Jack

Feb 3, 2019
Washington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Yes Jobla. Understand that. It's ok to get max weight of whole van but doing the axles involvea part way on each time which alters the c of g. I'm not 100% sure it would make a huge difference but the readings would not be wholly accurate.
Happy Jack.
Just to clarify. I take my van and I am provided with a cert showing rear axle,front axle and total weight. There are 2 weighbridges. You drive on first one for total weight then drive forward so rear wheels are on one and front wheels are on the other. Operator then takes individual axle weights. As I said previously the shallow ramp is just a means of getting onto the weighbridge. I would trust these readings before any taken in scrapyards and the like.
Jobla

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Just to clarify. I take my van and I am provided with a cert showing rear axle,front axle and total weight. There are 2 weighbridges. You drive on first one for total weight then drive forward so rear wheels are on one and front wheels are on the other. Operator then takes individual axle weights. As I said previously the shallow ramp is just a means of getting onto the weighbridge. I would trust these readings before any taken in scrapyards and the like.
Jobla
Hi Jobla. Didn't realise there were 2 weigh-plates.
Sorry if I misunderstood.
Will now defo go to Gateshead, but will be when we get back from our trip.
Happy Jack.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back