We just bought a used 2003 vision-R Condor class-A (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
2003-condor class-A
Hi everybody, this is Littlemissyison! (Missy). we are just getting started with our retirement plans. I have a few questions with this 2003 Vision R Condor. In the pictures it says 2002 but when we received the title, it said 2003and we went through all the paperwork and it is indeed a 2003 not a 2002.what size of generator should we use? I also have a air conditioner question. This RV was a great deal. It only had 48,000 miles and belong to one owner. They only were able to go on a few trips then they started to get dementia and had to stop. This RV sat in there covered garage and was started up here and there to keep things going. But it is the original air conditioner. It is a 3500, vent air conditioner. I think we should get a new one. What brand do you think is an excellent one to look at? Also we are thinking because of the size we should put an additional air conditioner in the back where the bed is. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on to learn about this motorhome. We are getting it registered this week. We are anxious to take it on awesome short drive. We would like to take it to someone to check it over. We did have the paperwork that it was checked over to make sure everything was functioning before we bought it. We did test things and, saw that things were all in working order, but it really would help. Keep our minds at ease if we had someone good take another look at it. We live in Salt Lake City Utah. Does anyone have a good dealership or someone that can check everything out? It’s crazy because the tires look brand new. But they are old so we were told that they were hard and we would most likely need to buy new tires. We have all kinds of questions. Like what do we do to get Wi-Fi so we can watch the TVs? I think our first trip will be Mount Rushmore. It’s about a 14 Hour Drive. Do you think we should go somewhere a little shorter in distance to make sure everything is working well before we explore a trip to Mount Rushmore. this is all a new experience and we cannot wait to get started. I hope someone replies.

IMG_3610.png

IMG_3621.png

IMG_3618.png

IMG_3617.png

IMG_3616.png

IMG_3613.png

IMG_3611.png

IMG_3609.png

IMG_3608.png

IMG_3605.png

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi. (y)
Just in case you didn't realise this is mainly a UK based group although some of us run RV's here in the UK.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Welcome to the Fun House, most of us are from and live in the UK, but I'm sure anyone who can help, will !

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome.

Old tyres are dangerous. There should be a date on them somewhere, but not sure the regulations are the same in the USA as here given that you tend to have more extremes of weather. I suggest speaking to a tire dealer you can trust.

Also would suggest a maximum of an hour for the first run out and make sure you have breakdown insurance just in case. Our first motorhome, the first trip we did was only about 10 miles, but over that weekend we were able to make sure everything worked and we understood things.

Good luck and have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
As pointed out we are very mainly UK based.

In reference to your first trip, 14 hours would be a bit steep for me and somewhere very local that has lots of RVs would be a starting point for me once you have done the tyres and anything else to make it legal
Heres a choice of local ones https://rvshare.com/blog/top-10-cam...36xbhuO-q9MfuvZm576kzY4b4N3a7Ek4aAoEnEALw_wcB

Because we dont have many RVs here or certainly of that make, the intracacies of that motorhome are likely to be alien to the majority of us, similarly the wifi you will go for would depend quite locally on how your system works on data.

I am also unsure of how easy or cheap electricity is at the RV Campgrounds or whether you can park "off grid" or for free and then use the battery system for your air conditioning unit but by going to an RV camp and chatting to others (as well as the forums) you will be able to make more informed judgements about the air conditioning unit.

The cost of that van is 14,000 pounds in the UK which I would have thought was quite cheap, on the face of it, and would have been snapped up in the UK with only a few things to do on it.

Best of luck

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome but as mentioned we are almost all based in UK.
14 hour trip for us would see us through several European countries, 😉😁
Generators are very very rarely used and air con for most is an open window. 👍

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
This website (motorhomefun.co.uk) has a sister site rvoc.co.uk that is more American RV based. Although most of the subscribers are UK based they are all into RVs and will probably be able to give you good information and help. I am on both sites as we had a Safari TREK after several European motorhomes. Now gone back to a caravan as that suits us at our age. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Howdy and a very warm welcome to the house of Funsters, it’s great to have you with us.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Before you go spending hard earned money use it a bit first, re air con in the rear most a/c are too noisy to sleep with them running, your main ac with a pedestal fan blowing the air into the bedroom would be my suggestion to try first. Some of the older a/c are less complicated and ten to run on and on. I would do a local trip first no more than an hour or two, finding out what and how everything works will be the same whatever distance you drive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back