We are wandering again in Spain and Portugal (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I m intrigued by the bird spotting app.

Could I ask you to elaborate a bit. I m useless with birds (so the wife thinks) but love a bit of geek time.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
I m intrigued by the bird spotting app.

Could I ask you to elaborate a bit. I m useless with birds (so the wife thinks) but love a bit of geek time.
I use the Collins Bird Guide and we have the Europe version. It allows you to enter things like size, plumage, bill etc. in a search. It also gives the bird’s song and geographic distribution. There is a written description too with aspects to help with identification. Think it was quite expensive for an app.

The birds are grouped in to things likes waders, raptors, gulls and so on. I also like the ability to maintain multiple lists of the birds you have seen.

Wow that makes sound a real nerd, though to be honest it has always interested me. Not something I admitted very often in my punk rock days!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I use the Collins Bird Guide and we have the Europe version. It allows you to enter things like size, plumage, bill etc. in a search. It also gives the bird’s song and geographic distribution. There is a written description too with aspects to help with identification. Think it was quite expensive for an app.

The birds are grouped in to things likes waders, raptors, gulls and so on. I also like the ability to maintain multiple lists of the birds you have seen.

Wow that makes sound a real nerd, though to be honest it has always interested me. Not something I admitted very often in my punk rock days!
I think you, or someone else, has mentioned this before.

I need to get my geek into this bird identification thing.

If it flaps it's wings it's not a bird if prey is our knowledge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back