Water system question LMC Liberty 560 with Trumatic C3402 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

maicci

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560A
Hi!

I bought a motorhome last week (LMC Liberty 560 A from 1998) - it's in good shape otherwise but I can't get the water to work.

I have the freshwater thank in the center of the car in the floor (or so I think) and I can add water there, or then on the outside with water. There's a small plug that keeps the water, which can be manually removed (a bit not so easy place).

First time I added water: I didn't put on any pump button in the control panel and the red security valve of the Truma Trumatic C3402 (or C6002?) was up.
The grey water tank seemed to fill up when I added the fresh water but only to a certain extend.
When I checked I had 1/8 of fresh water and 1/2 of they grey water full.
Water didn't come from the tap nor did I hear any sounds that something was happening.

So I tried to put the security valve to the right and put the pump on. As left seems to be closed and right seems to be open (so a sound happens when I open the water tap). However, instead of water going to the tap, or toilet, it started going leaking outside, it seemed under the Truma.

Anyone any idea what is happening and if I can fix it myself?

Next to this, if I open the outside grey water lever, not much water comes out even thought the control panel says it's around half ful.
The first little bit looked like grey mud but seems the water doesn't leave from there. When I manually add water in the sinc, it goes through the grey water pipes outside.
Could it be connected to the other issue? Could the pipes have been frozen or something (it can be really cold where I live)?

When opening a water tap inside.jpeg Fresh water going out.jpeg Grey water going out.jpeg

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Firstly, ignore the level guages they're never accurate
The water coming out underneath is probably the frost protection valve that needs to be closed by pulling up the lever.
It'll be a red knob next to the boiler.
Fill the fresh water tank and try to get water coming out of the taps. It will gurgle and splutter but eventually should flow. You should also be able to hear the pump working.
This will start to fill the grey waste water tank which can be drained off by opening the lever.
The grey water tank cannot fill unless the taps are running, there is no other way for it to fill.
Did you not get a demonstration when you picked up the motorhome ?
If you don't have manuals for the appliances it would be worth doing an internet search foe pdf copies.
There are some on here in resources but I think you need to pay to be a full member to access.
For £20 it would be the best investment you make in motorhoming

w2f

Last edited:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Can’t help you with the water system on your particular van, but from the pictures, please be sure to check your tyre pressures as one in the picture looks quite low 👍🏻

Oh and welcome to the world of Fun 🤩

OP
OP
maicci

maicci

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560A
Thanks for the quick reply!
Good to know that the level gauges can be ignored..
So if the frost protection valve is either left or right it means the water leaves from the heater, and up it's closed.
Ok I'll try to fill up the fresh water tank tmrw and put the frost protection valve back up, and wait until something happens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maicci

maicci

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560A
Can’t help you with the water system on your particular van, but from the pictures, please be sure to check your tyre pressures as one in the picture looks quite low 👍🏻

Oh and welcome to the world of Fun 🤩

Thanks will check them tyres out and appreciate the music 😃

OP
OP
maicci

maicci

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560A
I did get a demonstration but it was quite quick and the salesperson was a new employee who also had to ask some questions so he was not always sure of how something worked and at the time it sounded quite easy. He didn’t demonstrate the water as the tanks were empty.
Haven’t managed to find a manual for this LMC Liberty 560 so far, but did find nicely PDFs about the appliances, so will be doing some studying.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
So if the frost protection valve is either left or right it means the water leaves from the heater, and up it's closed.
The frost valve is up in normal operation, if the temperature drops below about 6c it opens to dump the water from the boiler the prevent it freezing and splitting the boiler, they're about 2k to replace :oops:
With the fresh tank filled, when you open the taps the boiler will fill automatically, turn on the boiler and you should get hot water.
As an aside, the heating can be used without water in the boiler.
I think you only get five free posts unless you become a member

Oct 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sprinter Lmc
Hello, I bought Mb sprinter based LMC motorhome. Somehow manager to get everything working,but can't figure out how to empty waste tank. There is a knom in the garage area, but nothing happens when I twist that. Can anybody help me out?
No manual or instructions given😬

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sprinter Lmc
Hello, I bought Mb sprinter based LMC motorhome. Somehow manager to get everything working,but can't figure out how to empty waste tank. There is a knom in the garage area, but nothing happens when I twist that. Can anybody help me out?
No manual or instructions given😬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back