Water sensor - any way to bypass? (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
On a 2018 Bailey Advance, the water level sensor indicates 0, however full the tank is. This has the effect of disabling the pump. I know how to force the pump to run, by pressing and holding the pump switch, and I have gone through the process of recalibrating the sensor, thanks to a post on here (thanks), but still no joy. So it seems that the sensor is knackered. What I’d like to do is to just override it, as we’re part-way through a France trip without much hope of being able to replace it. Any ideas?

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Without pictures I can't say for certain.. But many level detectors used the water level to complete a circuit. So if you can access the wires to a sensor and join them together it will always think it is full

OP
OP
DaveHobson
Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
Well, we have progress. When checking the connections for the sensor, I disconnected it (just by unclipping the 3-wire connector), and the pump started working, so it seems that that is the way to bypass it. Of course this leaves us with no way of knowing how much water we have, but a simple dipstick through the hole where the sensor tube usually goes gives us a pretty clear indication (probably more accurate than the gauge itself?!). I hope I’m doing no harm by running the pump without the sensor, but can’t see that’s a problem?

OP
OP
DaveHobson
Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
One other detail, possibly relevant, possibly coincidental - it seems that the grey water sensor is also showing 0%. Not sure how long that’s been the case, as we tend not to look at it - just empty the waste whenever we move on.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone know whether the pump override function i.e. keeping finger on the pump switch works on a 2012 Approach? Tried it when emptying for the winter. Wanted the pump to drain out as much water as possible. Didn’t work for us.

Incidentally, have never found where the sensor in the fresh water tank is. Have reached in and felt all round but not found the sensor. Must be one because there is a readout when filling and as one uses the water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back