Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
A bit of help please if anyone is able.
Second time out in our B-MCI690 and something odd has happened.
Yesterday, before we set off this morning. I went up, filled the tank and primed the system. 90 miles down the road and we have stopped for coffee. No water pressure at all. Control panel says the pump is on, tank levels say no fresh water at all. Tank checked and it is 100% okay and full.

I think the control panel may be throwing a wobbler.

Cheers

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Just to update. I have changed the fuse, still nothing.
The main touch screen pa el seems a bit odd. It is taking a while to come to life, and it does not appear to be controlling the lights very well

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Normally Hymer use a submersible pump with microswitched taps.
Does the pump run if you use a different tap?
Thanks Lenny. No, nothing works. I have tried all three taps.
It was fine yesterday when I primed it.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Normally Hymer use a submersible pump with microswitched taps.
Does the pump run if you use a different tap?
I have been inside the tank and wiggled the pump too, just in case it was an air lock.
The mobile phone app is showing 100% water. The on board control panel is showing empty.
A mystery fo sure.
Please keep the suggestions coming. I will go a bit quiet as I have to get my grandson the remaining 400 miles back to his home.
Thanks

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been mohoā€™ing for a time now
sounds very much like a pump malfunction ? or tank IS empty ? on our Hymer I can take the seat off and look into the tank

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
If it has a schaudt ebl try unplugging the the control panel at the ebl for 30 seconds this has worked for me when my control panel through a wobbler and reset it.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Full tank for sure. I have just had the lid off.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Friends of ours with a 22 plate Hymer MC-something just had a similar experience - arrived on site, went to fill kettle, nothing from taps - wiggled pump - then noticed all 12v except the entrance lights and step had stopped working, although 240v OK. Batteries (lithium/AGM combo) all charged, Main panel unresponsive to much button pressing and would not switch on, all fuses checked and OK. Dealer changed Reich pump and EBL. Hope yours is just a fuse!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I thought my water pump had failed. Took it back to local dealer to get it swapped out under warranty. They tested it and it worked fine.

I got back to the van, refitted it then noted that my lights were all dim and went out when I turned the pump on. The pump sounded like it was working but wasn't pumping anything.

Yup, I had accidentally turned the charger off and the battery was flat.

Probably not this, but just in case check your battery voltage?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
just in case check your battery voltage?
took the words out of my mouth ..

these symptoms sound like low voltage to me
main touch screen pa el seems a bit odd. It is taking a while to come to life, and it does not appear to be controlling the lights very well

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
The low voltage theory should be easily checked by banging on every light, and firing up other appliances.
O.P. mentioned currently driving, so the battery should !! be fully charged, if not that's given a big steer to where the fault may lay.
This should also show what else is affected, if anything.
Mike.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Good evening. I will try to keep this brief.
We parked up in Brecon about 45 minutes ago, so I set to trying to find the problem.
Touch Screen Control = Taking forever to boot up to the point where it is not without persuasion.
No 12v to the pump and nothing in the fuse box. 12v showing as on. Water pump showing as on.
I knocked the leisure battery isolator off and left it for a minute. Rebooted and the same as before.
I opened the Aldi control panel then turned that off.
I opened my Hymer app to try to control the heating. Got a message saying "cannot control the heating whilst it is being controlled by another source.
Looked at the touch screen. On, but no information showing at all about the MH.
On my app the 12v is showing on as is the water pump. I turn everything off in the app. I then turn the water back on in the app, it gives a message saying 12v not on, would you like to switch it on. Yes! Then everything works, including the water.
Touch screen still nothing. In the app I get an alert saying that there is no water in the tank and that the pump will be running dry. There is 190l in the tank. The water is pouring out of the tap!
Anyway, what are the collectives thoughts? Dodgy control panel?
Dodgy system management module?
Me being a numpty and doing something obviously silly?
That aside, many thanks again to all posters. It is reassuring to know there is a mine of information on this site that it is of a consistently higher standard that that you get from most dealers.
A glass of wine now. I may even have a shower to celebrate šŸ¾

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
At least you have water.
I've not had any experience of that type of panel so unable to help.
I'm electronics by trade but I hate using technology for the sake of it.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
A bit of an update. The control panel has now totally given up. When you try to activate it the thing will not boot to show information unless you force it to by tapping it again. It then will only show the different screens of operation, but none of the information thereon is visible. Only blank screens, apart from the settings page. Fortunately, I can operate it all from the Hymer Connect app.
I spoke to the dealer and they are arranging to sort it all when we visit them in December.
Safe and happy travels all, and thanks again for your support.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back