Water pressure dropping (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 1, 2021
Bury st edmunds , suffolk
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
If I do the usual fill water then open taps till air has gone and get a good flow thats great but after a while I have to do the taps again . And then another 2 hours again is there a non return valve thats letting me down or a pump issue
Arto 69 2007

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I'm guessing the pump is a submersible, that goes inside the water tank. They have a non-return valve, either built into the pump or inline with it. They are rotary pumps, and the water can back-flow if the non-return valve fails. Obviously you could replace the complete pump and valve, but an alternative is to cut the pipe somewhere above the pump, and fit a non-return valve. Either inside the tank in the short pipe above the pump, or just outside the tank.

There's different fittings - push-fit, barbed, etc depending on what kind of piping. Some of them push directly onto a spigot on the pump.

OP
OP
W
Mar 1, 2021
Bury st edmunds , suffolk
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
The pump has great preasure but as you say no seal i could add a non return valve
But if the pump has a fault that could mean other parts of the pump may be worn aswell its a 2007 arto so I think the quality of van deserves a new pump any ideas where I can get a new one from please I know if i call neismann that will be £400 lol its a plastic pump

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Not familiar with NB fittings, but you could look at the pump to find the make and model, they are usually available in caravan/motorhome accessory/parts shops. Leisure Shops Direct or O'Leary's for example. The pump will have a pressure (eg 1.5 bar) and a flow rate (eg 19 litres/minute). Anything that matches these specs will be OK. Provided it fits in the tank hole, of course. Some have built-in one-way valves, some need the valve added.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back