Water pouring from bottom of van when I have filled up the water

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi everyone- when I fill my 2010 auto trail Arapaho with water I assumed that when full water would over flow from the filling point - it does but also the tank overflows under the van - is the water tank not sealed - should it be or is what’s happening normal?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
We had this on our Autosleeper we had to press in a reset button on the water pump

Upvote 0

plumbob

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 664
Exp
Since 2016
When I first had my Swift Escape water used to pour out the bottom and spill into the van. On inspection the water was coming out of the overflow as previously stated but also the jubilee clip on the filler pipe on top of tank was not fitted correctly. So worth having a check around.

Upvote 0

plumbob

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 664
Exp
Since 2016
On my swift escape 2010 we had the same problem and found the water was coming from the overflow which I believe is normal. After a good inspection of the tank I also found a bad leak on jubilee clip holding the filler pipe to the tank. So I would also have a good look around the tank and pipe work

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2016
Your tanks if underslung have one way air vents, overfill and the water comes out.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 736G
Exp
1 year.
Hi everyone- when I fill my 2010 auto trail Arapaho with water I assumed that when full water would over flow from the filling point - it does but also the tank overflows under the van - is the water tank not sealed - should it be or is what’s happening normal?
We’ve got an Autotrail Imala 736 and ours does the same. The water tank overflow comes down under the van so it’s completely normal.
The only other time that water pours out underneath is if you open the drain down valve to empty the system.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
Our Delaware has two breather pipes for the fresh water tank. We've never had an overflow from the filler pipe, but always fill until the breather pipes run, indicating we're full - it's so easy!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back