Water in the garage

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since ‘21
Morning all,
please could I ask for advice/pointers for my winter project - sorting water ingress and consequent rotten wood in the garage area. I think I’ve read somewhere that the garage door seals are a known weakness on Arto’s of this era but is it possible to source a replacement if this is the problem?
The wood in the garage is about the only place in the whole construction where this could happen so I feel the job is worth doing properly and then its sorted for the next 20 years!
Full replacement of the wooden piece bolted to the floor and also the pieces on either sides is needed - are these items available to order somewhere, although realistically I’ll be booking into a workshop. I’ll get an appraisal from A&E leisure in Cheshire, but have any Funsters previously had this work done? Any advice/pointers gratefully received.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know a few people have replaced the garage floor woodwork themselves but they didn't use genuine replacement panels and even if available these would be very expensive I think, the job could be done by a half decent handyman/carpenter, re the seals I would first try to ascertain whether they are actually leaking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back