Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
2 lugs have broken on my water filler cap, I got a replacement off eBay without a locking barrel as I wanted to switch my existing one in. Now I’ve found the internals are different. The old one has 2 large recesses and the new one 4 smaller recesses. So the bit you press in on the lock barrel is too wide, so it doesn’t fit. The eBay supplier says this is all they have. I thought I had a Zadi barrel, but maybe not. Does anyone know what cap I need. I don’t want an extra key. Ta very much.

Old cap
IMG_7956.jpeg

New cap
IMG_7957.jpeg

OP
OP
Barryh
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Janine but I can use the new non locking cap for the time being as it fits perfectly well in the hole, it’s just the lock bit that’s the problem.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Does it need to be locked, ours never is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
There are different barrel fittings. I contacted Brownhills (they have a store on eBay) and they helped me get the right one.

Mine was this one eBay (not Zadi) but yours could be different depending on the year.

OP
OP
Barryh
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Can you not swap the bit with the lugs on?
Thanks. The lugs are broken on the original cap. I’m trying to get the old lock into the new cap with lugs.
Does it need to be locked, ours never is.
No it doesn’t have to be, it’s just a bit of security against someone nicking it or worse putting something unpleasant into the water.

OP
OP
Barryh
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
There are different barrel fittings. I contacted Brownhills (they have a store on eBay) and they helped me get the right one.

Mine was this one eBay (not Zadi) but yours could be different depending on the year.
Thanks very much for that. I maybe should have said it’s for a Hymer, I’ll see if this is the same. Of course it’s twice the price of the eBay one.

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I changed mine to a different key locking one after pulling up at a garage and just as I was about to pull the diesel trigger noticed I’d put the nozzle in the water inlet!!! (One key unlocked all external locks !) I’ll hopefully never make that mistake again 🫣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back