VW Transporter tag axle

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
Never seen this before - must be a show van and surely the work involved... would have been easier to start with a crafter??
Spotted in Cleethorpes.

20241019_113012~2.jpg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Never seen this before - must be a show van and surely the work involved... would have been easier to start with a crafter??
Spotted in Cleethorpes.

View attachment 967320
At real cut and shut!

In Germany I saw a security company not so long ago using LWB VW Transporters, but with an extra section welded on the back. I'd have thought it would be cheaper just to get a Sprinter!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
I lived in this Tag axle VW split screen twenty five years ago. It’s actually a 1965 Kemperink customised in the late seventy’s and owned by a mate of mine for years. Then I bought it from him, refitted all the interior so I could live in it. Had plans for the outside but sold it to a car dealer who wanted it in Cornwall who had a barn full of old and interesting cars. Made me an offer I could not refuse. In the end I swopped it for a VW T4 and cash. Used the T4 for a year then sold it and went off travelling around the world for a year 👍
008.jpeg

OP
OP
H
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
I lived in this Tag axle VW split screen twenty five years ago. It’s actually a 1965 Kemperink customised in the late seventy’s and owned by a mate of mine for years. Then I bought it from him, refitted all the interior so I could live in it. Had plans for the outside but sold it to a car dealer who wanted it in Cornwall who had a barn full of old and interesting cars. Made me an offer I could not refuse. In the end I swopped it for a VW T4 and cash. Used the T4 for a year then sold it and went off travelling around the world for a year 👍
View attachment 968155
That's something different for sure, was it just the back of a "donor" welder on then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
No it was a Kemperink. (Google it) They were built in Holland and used as gown vans. They were stretched, they also made the bay window model the same. A friend of mine has one. This one was then customised by adding a tag axle and was painted with murals, a typical seventies custom. When I owned this one there were only two split screen Kemperinks in the U.K. The last time I saw it was in Newquay a few years ago in a very sorry state. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back