Funster
Sep 14, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
Any updates on any new Aires or places to stay nearby to Lisbon.
Preferably within 45 mins by Train or Bus.
I have read lots of other posts on this which are putting me off and they are making it sound a lot of hassle if I'm honest.
Really don’t want to drive through the middle of Lisbon it’s certainly a huge city.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Can't help with places to stay, as we went in by ship on one occasion and coach from the Algarve when staying there. It's a nice city with plenty to see but beware pickpockets, and I don't say that lightly.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Seixal has a new aire and also an open car park next to the ferry terminal,
It’s about €6 return from Lisbon and 20 mins trip,
The new Aire wasn’t open when we were there in April this year but was just being finished off,

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at a commercial site on the other side of the estuary. Got a bus to one of the ferries. If we went again we would probably stay on the huge car park further up river where the the Hydrofoil ferry runs from. According to Lenny HB they allow overnight stays.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Lisbon isn’t a huge city. I’d say you need a few days to do it justice. Trams are a good way or city walking tours. Alfama district and Belem are must see places. There’s an aire in Belem, gets busy but it right in a major city. Train to Sintra for the Peña palace, Estoril, and Caiscais worth a visit.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Stay at the orbitur site at Cascais

A large but odd site with twisted trees all over it (so watch your roof!)
It has a pool etc and is close to the sea
Cascais is a very nice little town, lots of restaurants etc.
Its a cycle ride or bus or Uber to get into the town, but the bus stop is right by the campsite gates and they seem to run very frequently.

But, Cascais is the end of the line for the 'tube' into central Lisbon and Belem. (About 30 mins end to end)
The train, like an old version of Londons DLR line runs every few mins into Belem (You could easy spend a day there, art galleries, museums etc)
And then on to the end of the line in central Lisbon, where you can easily spend two days, lots to see.

Easy to get back to Cascais late at night if you want.
We spent about a week there in June this year.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Sep 14, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you for all the useful replies.

Dogbloke

Free Member
Sep 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner 570
Any updates on any new Aires or places to stay nearby to Lisbon.
Preferably within 45 mins by Train or Bus.
I have read lots of other posts on this which are putting me off and they are making it sound a lot of hassle if I'm honest.
Really don’t want to drive through the middle of Lisbon it’s certainly a huge city.
38.6464094, -9.0953030. will take you Park and Ride for the water bus Seixel to Lisbon. Was there about a year ago. Barrier manned by an old fella during the day. Free at weekends. Despite a sign saying 'no motorhomes' he waved us in through the narrow barrier intended for cars. Paid the daily charge of about three euro and parked behind the red cross building. Wasn't bothered by anyone at night. Carpark is massive so there will always be room. No facilities. I cannot emphasise enough DON'T DRIVE CAMPER IN LISBON. It's really scary. Use the water bus. There are a number of water is terminals in Seixel area. Have only used this one. Located not far from the motorway/duel carriageway.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Sep 14, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
Stay at the orbitur site at Cascais

A large but odd site with twisted trees all over it (so watch your roof!)
It has a pool etc and is close to the sea
Cascais is a very nice little town, lots of restaurants etc.
Its a cycle ride or bus or Uber to get into the town, but the bus stop is right by the campsite gates and they seem to run very frequently.

But, Cascais is the end of the line for the 'tube' into central Lisbon and Belem. (About 30 mins end to end)
The train, like an old version of Londons DLR line runs every few mins into Belem (You could easy spend a day there, art galleries, museums etc)
And then on to the end of the line in central Lisbon, where you can easily spend two days, lots to see.

Easy to get back to Cascais late at night if you want.
We spent about a week there in June this year.
This sounds a really good option for us.
Too scary driving through this big cities so,hopefully this would be quite straightforward. Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Sep 14, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
This sounds a really good option for us.
Too scary driving through this big cities so,hopefully this would be quite straightforward. Many thanks.
Unfortunately it all booked out most of September so no go on that one.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Seixal has a new aire and also an open car park next to the ferry terminal,
It’s about €6 return from Lisbon and 20 mins trip,
The new Aire wasn’t open when we were there in April this year but was just being finished off,

This ^^^^^ is what we did earlier this year. Stayed in the car park on the waterfront with about 10 other vans. It’s safe and cheap and if the aire is now up and running even better. Seixal waterfront has some decent bars and cafes and the fast ferry across the Tagus drops you right in the centre of Lisbon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back