Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
With ever changing regs do i need a Switzerland Vignette for my 3850kg truck.
Never got one before including when we went earlier in the year.
Leaving here week tomorrow.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Just get Mrs Bob to load app on her phone then you can buy as many +3.5t days as you want, think it’s £2 or 3. a day best system ever for toll roads or in this case any roads.

Although first time I went I got one at border control and he gave me a windscreen sticker even though I was 7.5t😳😳never got pulled though.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just get Mrs Bob to load app on her phone then you can buy as many +3.5t days as you want, think it’s £2 or 3. a day best system ever for toll roads or in this case any roads.

Although first time I went I got one at border control and he gave me a windscreen sticker even though I was 7.5t😳😳never got pulled though.
Never ever bought on for Switzerland, Austria yes.
Mrs Bob ain't coming with me this time so doing stuff like that on the phone by me ain't going to happen. Hence getting one on line if i need it.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
With ever changing regs do i need a Switzerland Vignette for my 3850kg truck.
Never got one before including when we went earlier in the year.
Leaving here week tomorrow.
You can download the App on your phone or tablet, choose your MH, then buy 10 x individual days, which is great if passing through.

Mrs Bob ain't coming with me this time so doing stuff like that on the phone by me ain't going to happen. Hence getting one on line if i need it.
She could do it for you before you leave. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
As Jock & Rita says.
I offered up my phone with the App open showing what I had bought when we got stopped at the border, but they weren't interested in looking at the vignette. Probably a different story if I was involved in an accident and didn't have one.
My best advice is stick rigidly to the speed limits and watch out travelling through the countryside where you drive between villages/towns as the limit changes to different speeds quite a lot. - And the cops are keen on speed fines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Never ever bought on for Switzerland, Austria yes.
She can still do it on the app from the UK, just put start date I just do it the day before I go into Switzerland and I’m good then, Austria I have been up,down, and around there numerous times and have never bothered with anything😳😳

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
As Jock & Rita says.
I offered up my phone with the App open showing what I had bought when we got stopped at the border, but they weren't interested in looking at the vignette. Probably a different story if I was involved in an accident and didn't have one.
My best advice is stick rigidly to the speed limits and watch out travelling through the countryside where you drive between villages/towns as the limit changes to different speeds quite a lot. - And the cops are keen on speed fines.
They normally send you an email confirming the purchase🤔🤔🤔

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You can download the App on your phone or tablet, choose your MH, then buy 10 x individual days, which is great is passing through.

She could do it for you before you leave. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Don't forget you have enter it on a ticket in the app for each day you're in Switzerland

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Thanks for that. I have been many times, just never bought a vignette for there.
Parking up in Jungfrau Camping for 8 days and using my motorbike for days out riding.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Ok chaps, will go online and do the needful.
Ta again................................lets hope i don't choose a snide site to order it:(

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Remember you’ll need one for your bike as well (assuming you’ll use the autoroute), sorry😂

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Opening them links has convinced me i'll buy at the first garage on entering Switzerland.
Some of the links are all foreign and i can't get it to do English.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Opening them links has convinced me i'll buy at the first garage on entering Switzerland.
Some of the links are all foreign and i can't get it to do English.
Bob you are over 3.5t you will either have to get your days in Switzerland paid for either in the app or at a border post! You legally can’t run a vignette for over 3.5t!
I’m not sure if you’re towing a trailer for the bike but I think they used to charge for a trailer as well, or was it the Austrians?🤷‍♂️

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
They normally send you an email confirming the purchase🤔🤔🤔
Yes they do.
When I went through the checks, I thought they’d want to see the vignette so offered up my phone to show them but they weren’t interested, so doubt they’d have wanted to see the confirmation email and would have probably laughed if I showed them my bank statement showing the purchase fee compared to their Swiss accounts

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Vignettes are only valid for vehicles below 3500kg. It is different over that weight. Download the free Swiss Via app on your smartphone from your app store which is specifically only for vehicles over 3500kg. It that will explain what to do and you can arrange for payments. If you don't have a smart phone you will have to stop at the border and they will tell you what you need and sort it out.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Bob you are over 3.5t you will either have to get your days in Switzerland paid for either in the app or at a border post! You legally can’t run a vignette for over 3.5t!
I’m not sure if you’re towing a trailer for the bike but I think they used to charge for a trailer as well, or was it the Austrians?🤷‍♂️
Yes i'm taking the bike on my Motolug trailer.
I think, as i have before, pretend it's a 3500. they haven't and not going to check......................are they...........it looks just like a 3500.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I think i may may get Mrs Bob to go online get whats needed and print off what comes back. Last resort buy at the border.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes i'm taking the bike on my Motolug trailer.
I think, as i have before, pretend it's a 3500. they haven't and not going to check......................are they...........it looks just like a 3500.
Why? It only costs about €35 for use of in any 10 days in a year starting on the day you entered.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Why? It only costs about €35 for use of in any 10 days in a year starting on the day you entered.
Not sure i understand.
Nowt to do about the cost.
I am taking the bike on the trailer behind the MH.
Whilst on site in the MH i will do daily tours on the bike on various passess on a daily basis.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Trailer is extra, that is correct 👍🏻

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Vignettes are only valid for vehicles below 3500kg. It is different over that weight. Download the free Swiss Via app on your smartphone from your app store which is specifically only for vehicles over 3500kg. It that will explain what to do and you can arrange for payments. If you don't have a smart phone you will have to stop at the border and they will tell you what you need and sort it out.
We did our permit (for over 3500kg) at the border. I had the paperwork all ready and they helped me with the form. Very quick and efficient.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We did our permit (for over 3500kg) at the border. I had the paperwork all ready and they helped me with the form. Very quick and efficient.
The last time we went was in 2016, before the app was available so had to do it at the border. If we go again I will use the app as it allows you to fill out the necessary form and pay.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When we went earlier in the year i was in the MH towing a trailer with a Fiat 500 on it.
Never bought any vignettes.
Spose it's luck one does not get caught.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back