Victron shunt not reading amps into battery? But reading amps out ok. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
(just) Had a Victron shunt installed. Seems to connect ok, and reads amps going out of battery, but not amps going in?
For example this morning, down to 88% from fridge overnight. Drove, so battery charged via B2B (Nds on Adria twin, agm batteries), but the Victron history doesn’t show the amps in? (See photo)
Sure it used to on my last van….?
It’s not disastrous, Adria panel working etc, but I do like the Victron to see what charges, for how long, and when etc.
IMG_0888.png

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Either wired up incorrectly or your B2B isn’t working

Has to be one or the other

Is the B2B wired directly to the battery instead of the shunt?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Have you checked that on the battery negative terminal, everything is connected to the 'load' side of the shunt, including the chassis connection? The only possible thing allowed to be connected on the battery side of the shunt is the negative link wire between the two battery negative terminals. Everything else goes on the load side of the shunt.

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Is the B2B wired directly to the battery instead of the shunt?
Should be easy to check. There should not be anything wired directly to the battery negative.

apart from the shunt. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
Thanks - it’s all under the seat so hard to see, can’t quite work out where all the wiring is going. B2B definitely working, as it recharged battery. Presumably the -ve feed of B2B isn’t the right side of shunt and is still on battery terminal…getting the seat off is a pain, so might have to wait until something else needs doing too…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back