Victron IP22 30a with EBL220-4 (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
I am going to upgrade my charging for my 2x 155Lithiums and install a Victron IP22 30a charger and disable the internal EBL220-4 one by removing the front fuse... I cannot make up my mind to connect straight to the batteries or go through the EBL.. will the EBL cope with 30a from the Victron, would it be a case of just upping the fuse... will i keep the ability to trickle charge the starter battery if i go through the EBL .. finally where do I take the mains connection from .. Thanks

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm half way through doing something similar. I just fitted a 20A for my 280Ah battery as I figured it'd still fully charge overnight.

I went straight to the battery. But that was the easiest connection for me to make. I guess you'd use one of the charging ports on the front of the EBL? I think the solar connector on mine is limited to about 20A, not sure if they're all the same?

At the moment, mine is plugged into a mains 3 pin socket that's very close to the cab seats, so there's a tiny bit of cable exposed. I've bought a mains junction box that I'm going to use to tap into the feed that goes to the EBL... when I get the time.

My trickle charger appears to be wired in through the solar input...? I think (guessing!) the cable has 3 wires. Ground, and positive for the hab and cab battery. So the trickle charger just allows flow when the hab battery level is a high enough voltage above the cab battery? It all appears to work outside the mains charger, so I don't think going to an external charger and removing the fuse stops it working.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back