Victron Inverter/Charger 12/1600/70 and Mk3-USB device settings - training and password required ? (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
I am ready to install my inverter/charger and have purchased a Mk3-USB in order to configure it. But when I run the Victron Connect App it says I need to do a training course in order to get a password to be able to set the inverter/charger ?
Why ?
All I want to do is ensure it is set to a lithium battery profile and have it plugged in to the Multi-control panel inside the camper so that I can amend the input amps and 'soft' turn it on/off/invert etc. Why do I need to do a training course for this and where ? It's just an rj45 from the inverter/charger to the multicontrol.
Have I missed something here and being stupid in my query ?
Every other Victron device I have is plug and play bluetooth, so why not the inverter/charger ?
How do I set this thing up ? If it needs a training course, then why did the kit supplier not tell me that or even check I was qualified to install it before selling it to me ?
Can any one enlighten me as to what dip switch settings I need to make this work ?

Cheers in advance.

OP
OP
MarkHoughton
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Try asking on this Facebook page, it's titled Victron Powered Camper.
On facebook i just got "Sarcastic" replies as I already have asked on that forum with "The password is maybe zzz or ZZZZ" and If i am not smart enough to google what the password is then maybe i should not be touching electrics.
My query is that all the 'install videos' of self builders ( in the UK ) just show them connecting the cables, turning it on and smiling oh great my inverter/charger is working. None of the videos explain OR mention that it needs configuring or what settings are suitable for the UK and the average LiPo4 battery that most people seem to use.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back