May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
Many people say that this never happens, we're currently touring Norway

Just 5 minutes into the mornings drive and, along with other vehicles, wagons and cars, we're stopped for a vehicle check.

Always a heart stopping moment 😱

They had a good walk round check, tyres etc then weighed us, we came in at 3680kg and the GVW is 3700kg. We also have 100lt of water on board and a nearly full tank of diesel.

Their vehicle centre also had a brake tester..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Just 5 minutes into the mornings drive and, along with other vehicles, wagons and cars, we're stopped for a vehicle check.

They had a good walk round check, tyres etc then weighed us, we came in at 3680kg and the GVW is 3700kg. We also have 100lt of water on board and a nearly full tank of diesel.

Interesting, thanks.

Where did they take the GVW from - V5c or lading plate?

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp

I’m definitely one of those that said it never happens, travelled a number of times into Scandinavia and just because it never happened to me assumed it didn’t to others, so thanks for posting, won’t be quite so blasé going forward.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We were stopped on entering Norway off the ferry. We were questioned, but the van wasn't searched, possibly because of the queue that was forming behind us.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Good on the Norwegians. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Did they do anything about the weight

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Makes you wonder how many folks with bikes etc are way over? I’ve got a new Adria Twin 640. We’ve just about got it set up how we want it so checked it at our local weigh-bridge with all the usual touring paraphernalia on board plus two adults - nothing unusual or excessive loaded and about 50% water and fuel. Came in at 3460kg so only just legal and probably not so with full tanks and a few boxes of booze! My previous 6m van was about 3200kg with the same load, so moving from 6m to 6.4m has reduced my payload significantly, something I hadn’t thought too much about. Now I’m on a weight saving crusade!

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Makes you wonder how many folks with bikes etc are way over? I’ve got a new Adria Twin 640. We’ve just about got it set up how we want it so checked it at our local weigh-bridge with all the usual touring paraphernalia on board plus two adults - nothing unusual or excessive loaded and about 50% water and fuel. Came in at 3460kg so only just legal and probably not so with full tanks and a few boxes of booze! My previous 6m van was about 3200kg with the same load, so moving from 6m to 6.4m has reduced my payload significantly, something I hadn’t thought too much about. Now I’m on a weight saving crusade!
Loads....(especially here in France)
Sticking to the UK, it ought to be a condition of sale from dealers that they come with a weighbridge print out specifying precisely what was on the vehicle at the time of weighing. After that, it is down to individuals to be sensible about it.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Did they check for alcohol or just weight…..asking for a friend 😊

OP
OP
frwjd
May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
Re driving in Norway there are many excellent pdf guides available from The Hidden North, no connection etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back