VB Air Suspension - GVW Uprating Service?? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Contemplating rear air suspension on the van so called Rosmia to get an idea of options/prices. Their representative mentioned VB now providing a new vehicle uprating service via their dealers. You provide requisite vehicle details/photos etc, they provide the uprating options to increase vehicle payload using their products. If you pay the coin they then issue the requisite paperwork and new plate to enable V5 change after the upgrades have been installed by the dealer.

Anyone heard of or used this VB service in preference to SvTech?

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I’m guessing VB are partnered with WDT Services (whoever they are)…

That's a useful guide.

I've just added full air and up-plated my Fiat / Alko AMC37L Carthago.

The max I could get was 4000kg as per the info on that table. I was hoping for more as the Axle weights went to Fr 2100kg & Rr 2250kg but the limit is the light chassis only being good for a total of 4000g.

I used Van Weight Engineering for the paperwork.

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
That's a useful guide.

The max I could get was 4000kg as per the info on that table. I was hoping for more as the Axle weights went to Fr 2100kg & Rr 2250kg but the limit is the light chassis only being good for a total of 4000g.

We’re also on the AMC37L. Which full air system did you go with? In your opinion, was it worth the investment?

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I could be wrong having never uprated a vehicle, but I suppose it’s the registered vehicle owner who submits the paperwork to DVLA?
Having read your first post again as it read they provide all necessary,

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
We’re also on the AMC37L. Which full air system did you go with? In your opinion, was it worth the investment?
I have the VB 4C.

It was expensive but I traded my previous PVC for more than I paid for it and bought the Carthago for less than I was expecting to pay so I had some unexpected surplus budget to play with. I'm not sure I could have stomached the cost otherwise!

It is quite transformational, it smooths out the majority of the 'crashing' over poor road surfaces. Much more stable in strong winds and when being overtaken by large vehicles.

I like being able to lower and level up all around when parking, I didn't have the auto level option fitted as I have hydraulic self-levellers but I lower the motorhome before deploying the Alko levellers.

I've used the 'off road' mode a few times on gravel roads in Spain which also gives a tad more flexibility.

It makes it feel more plush and a bit more car like to drive, but ... the main reason to have it is that you get a other set of control buttons to play with !

Having had it I would certainly budget for it again on future vehicles.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I could be wrong having never uprated a vehicle, but I suppose it’s the registered vehicle owner who submits the paperwork to DVLA?
Yes, detail the changes on the V5 and send along with an engineers report, form V70 to change taxation class and a Design Weight Declaration plate certificate.

VWE supplied all the forms and the engineers report.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

I was mistaken, we have the AMC38L chassis (2018 Fiat base vehicle). Interestingly these are the figures SvTech just responded with depending on no vehicle updates, rear air only, rear air + uprated front springs…

3700 – wt kg ; Axle 1 = 1850 kg ; Axle 2 = 2000 kg
3850 – wt kg ; Axle 1 = 1850 kg ; Axle 2 = 2240 kg (minimum load index 112)
4000 – wt kg ; Axle 1 = 1950 kg ; Axle 2 = 2240 kg (minimum load index 112)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back