Vanbitz Non-start as a tracker (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We are moving home shortly so I thought Id do a quick insurance check for the van, our current costs are about £429 per year.. We dont have a monitored tracker but do have the Vanbitz Non-start which sends alerts an allows me to track the vehicle. I dont know if insuarnace companies would accept this as a tracking system , but suspect not.
Quotes for the new place came in at £1170 for the year, which was a bit of a shock. So thought I try re-running the quote with a tracker added. This dropped the price to a more respectable £465 for an S7 tracker and £432 for the S5 one.
The van came with a Global Telematics S7 tracker fitted, but I have never used it. So I called them and it would be £50 to reactivate it and £149 per year for the service. There are cheaper packages for extending the amount of years paid for.

I then called Metatrak to ask if the Non-start could be used as an S7 or S5 tracker. Good news is , they advised me it can. The annual cost would be £119 for the S7 or £178 for the S5 version. Given that we already pay £70 PA for the non start, its only another £50 to add the S7 and save £700 on the insurance.
Thought this may be of use to anyone else with the Vanbitz non start system.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
I had hoped to do likewise and booked into van Bitz in June. Nick was extremely helpful but it turned out our Non Starter was an early version that could not be upgraded. As a result we have a new tracker plus the older non starter and unfortunately have 2 subscriptions. But at least the insurance is more reasonable. I hope your Non starter is compatible with the combined set up.

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
I had hoped to do likewise and booked into van Bitz in June. Nick was extremely helpful but it turned out our Non Starter was an early version that could not be upgraded. As a result we have a new tracker plus the older non starter and unfortunately have 2 subscriptions. But at least the insurance is more reasonable. I hope your Non starter is compatible with the combined set up.
The lad I spoke with seemed to think it would.
I get notifications if the alarm is activated and if I don't put it it transport mode when on the ferry I get a message saying someone from Metatrak will call me. They don't as its not a monitored tracker at the moment, but if I pay the extra £50 they will.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
so we are looking at a new vehicle and while asking for insurance quotes have been told tracker required, comfort insists it must be 5. but the van has a scorpion s7 fitted my wife called scorpion and they informed her that via software they can update remotely to a s5 :) this may be common to all s7 trackers ?

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
so we are looking at a new vehicle and while asking for insurance quotes have been told tracker required, comfort insists it must be 5. but the van has a scorpion s7 fitted my wife called scorpion and they informed her that via software they can update remotely to a s5 :) this may be common to all s7 trackers ?
I think they said for S5 they would need to add driver ID to the my phone app, hence the extra cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have a Global telematic 5 paid £500 for monitoring for as long as we have the van it will be 5 years 17/09/2024 so result as we dont intend to change it.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good job too.

I suppose it's still full of working and retired Coppers, Council workers above Triggers pay grade, teachers and drug dealers working at Zenica

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
We have a non starter in the Hymer wer`e buying, though I dont know what make it is yet.
I rang Comfort yesterday and the woman I spoke to said, If you dont have a tracker we add 5% to the cost. Which to me means we can pay that 5%, and get a tracker hidden in the van that cost £40. Considering getting a tracker fitted costs around £200, and subscription of around £150 a year its a no brainer. Am I being stupid?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Good job too.

I suppose it's still full of working and retired Coppers, Council workers above Triggers pay grade, teachers and drug dealers working at Zenica
Moving to a village near Holmfirth now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back