Van and Habitation Warranty after Battery Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Hi, we are due to pick the new van up in a couple of weeks and I have been in-touch with Offgrid to add a lithium battery/multiplus inverter/DC-DC charger/2 x new solar panels/Smart solar Charge controller

Do these changes affect either my van or habitation warranty?

Also could anyone who has used Offgrid let me know what their after sales is like?

thank you

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I haven't needed any after sales help so can't say much about that, but I can say they do excellent work and know the products they supply and fit, they often reply to queries people have posted on here even though they did not fit them themselves. They have a youtube channel with lots of advice on how to setup various bits of kit that has been extremely helpful to me and many others I'm sure. Their premises are down a narrow farm track but take it slowly and you'll be fine, I managed okay in my 8.3mtr Hymer and they get deliveries by trucks regularly.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea 80
Exp
Happy to help
As it stands all the electrics items as supplied by the dealer are covered under warranty. As soon as you add your own you are no longer covered for those items, everything else will be covered unless the new installation causes issues for other items such as fridge etc.
Likewise any additional holes in the roof etc that causes damp or water ingress will invalidate the warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
ChrisL sorry should have asked. Were you there for a day and is there somewhere to go whilst waiting?
I was only there for a couple of hours, the property is surrounded by fields but East Challow is in walking distance and Wantage a bit further. If you ask they may be able to run you into town.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
WE bought a new globecar last year. It has a 2 year warranty. We had a 3rd party fit lithium and solar after 6 months. Then found a leak which I tied to a roof vent. No issues from SMC taking it on and fixing the leak this August at same time as annual service. They found Globecar had managed to run sealant not quite all the way round when installing the skylight. :cautious:
Globecar do insist the annual habitation service is done by their dealer to keep the warranty valid. As soon as the warranty expires I will go back to my local guy for hab service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Ian_H Thanks Ian. I guess there would be no vehicle warranty issues (The cable from the alternator to battery should not be an issue (b2b or whatever))?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Ian_H Thanks Ian. I guess there would be no vehicle warranty issues (The cable from the alternator to battery should not be an issue (b2b or whatever))?
Not sure exactly what you mean? Alternator to vehicle battery cable not affected by 3rd party work. As the van has a smart alternator Globecar had already fitted a b2b from vehicle battery to the standard leisure battery. But I would imagine if there were any issues around or possibly caused by 3rd party work/additions, Globecar would (reasonably) be reluctant to pay for corrective work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
OK. In my case same b2b so no more load on alternator and cable- 25A max. So can't see Fiat could complain? Many on here fit 50A plus, not sure how Fiat view that but haven't heard of any issues.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back