V40 amp location in Carthago E line

Likes collected
Funster No
Do you mean the fuse that feeds the cbe unit/dcdc charger from the engine battery if so it’s behind a panel on r/h/s of driver chair (if right hand drive)

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Do you mean the fuse that feeds the cbe unit/dcdc charger from the engine battery if so it’s behind a panel on r/h/s of driver chair (if right hand drive)
No sorry, I understood from someone else on the forum a while back that they have a sound amplifier that also splits the tv / radio . The passenger door speaker is not working, so need to trace back- hopefully just a loose connection? And if I knew where the amp is ( if there is one) it may make it easier

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Jehnert Dongle arrived and fitted.

Works as I thought so no need to turn the head-unit on to stream music or radio from my phone, to the cab speakers.

Finding the amp took ages - I had to ask on the German Cathago forum in the end.

It's behind the passenger side lower glovebox, which means removing the wooden corner piece to get at the fixings to remove the glovebox.

Once located just plug in and tap the power supply from the amp. The dongle also has a power sensor connection to the amp so as you start streaming it powers on.

I had a play with the amp settings which has tweaked the sound output a little.

View attachment 882681View attachment 882682

View attachment 882683
Found this very useful post from abgs, but on a fiat, maybe the merc is in a similar location- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Likes collected
Funster No
The amp on the Mercs is under the passenger seat, you can get to it from a panel when you open the cab door

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
Found this very useful post from abgs, but on a fiat, maybe the merc is in a similar location- any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've got the Jehnert dongle for sale in the classifieds if you need one ! New motorhome uses different hardware.

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
I've got the Jehnert dongle for sale in the classifieds if you need one ! New motorhome uses different hardware.
Yes seen it thanks, let me get my head around how it works, and get the speaker fixed, and will get back to you 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back