Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I have a Phantom tracker on my 2017 Bailey, which is needed due to insurance requirements. From reading reports of stolen mohos, it seems they are easily located and ripped out by thieves. So I wondered if an additional tracker, powered by a USB off the Leisure battery, would be helpful. I have the ideal location for one in the locker where I keep my mifi router. Anyone know if this is feasible/practical?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Yes Rewire I think they're called do a tracke that only transmits a million second up to 8 times a day, so you can leave it set on once a day then if it's stolen, after a day or so, ask them to change the number if times it transmits so you can hopefully locate it.

The chances of anyone trying to find a tracker at exactly the same 'milli second' as it transmits is unlikely, so they won't know it's there!

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I have a Phantom tracker on my 2017 Bailey, which is needed due to insurance requirements. From reading reports of stolen mohos, it seems they are easily located and ripped out by thieves. So I wondered if an additional tracker, powered by a USB off the Leisure battery, would be helpful. I have the ideal location for one in the locker where I keep my mifi router. Anyone know if this is feasible/practical?
Most insurance approved trackers have to be professionally installed.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I set mine to transmit location every 5 minutes but you can set it at what you want by sending it a text message. It also powers off totally 20 minutes after the ignition goes off but the location stays on the map 😎👌

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I set mine to transmit location every 5 minutes but you can set it at what you want by sending it a text message. It also powers off totally 20 minutes after the ignition goes off but the location stays on the map 😎👌
I suppose that’s the last sent gps, until the ignition powers on again then it sends new data?

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I have one of these hidden on my motorcycle, you will need to buy a sim card to install into it, I have a M2M sim which works on all networks in many countries £3.60/month.

If you set the tracker to go to sleep when it's not moved you will spend a lot less than £3 a month.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks all. Looking on another Web site, seems these can all be scanned and location detected when vehicle is moving (and so they are transmitting) —is this correct?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
which is why the Rewire Asset Tracker seems to be worth considering ...... i think the latest is AT100

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
If you set the tracker to go to sleep when it's not moved you will spend a lot less than £3 a month.
It does go to sleep when not moved, however I am quite happy paying a fixed price for a sim that works throughout Europe and some other countries on every network without user intervention, the only thing that needs to be done is to set up the APN by sms when you first install the sim and that's it, fit and forget, the battery in the gps stays charged for a couple of months or you rig it up to a USB charger in situ. If you know of an equivalent sim card at a cheaper price I'd be happy to check it out.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
It does go to sleep when not moved, however I am quite happy paying a fixed price for a sim that works throughout Europe and some other countries on every network without user intervention, the only thing that needs to be done is to set up the APN by sms when you first install the sim and that's it, fit and forget, the battery in the gps stays charged for a couple of months or you rig it up to a USB charger in situ. If you know of an equivalent sim card at a cheaper price I'd be happy to check it out.
I know, I've got one but my £5 top up lasts for months, Giff gaff payg sim. I've been to Spain and Portugal works perfectly with no interventions.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back