URGENT - Ripe insurance cancellation, but not mine! PEUGEOT BOXER LS20*** (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Has some one on here took out Ripe insurance using my affiliate link with the Reg no LS20***.

PLEASE PM ME ASAP.

Your insurance is being cancelled, but they've sent me the letter!

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Data protection issue 🥴
Absolutely!

I'd just pulled up at Obelink when the daughter WhatsApped me to say that my insurance had been cancelled - she sent a picture and then the penny dropped that it wasn't my reg number, or the amount paid, or my policy number.

I'll be taking it up with them on Wednesday upon my return, but I need to find the person this does actually apply to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
When you speak to Ripe, lay it on thick about your concern that their systems are not robust, and ask them if they will be reporting this to their own Data controller and the ICO ! And you should be getting a discount on your premium for your efforts đź‘Źđź‘Ź

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Could it be a scam to get you to reply and perhaps harvest some info or premium phone number ?
Is there an insurance called Ripe

Just a thought ..lots of scams send incorrect info trusting you act .

Quiete honestly I would ignore any such notification .. even though your decency tells you to help out, it's too fishy-risky !

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Could it be a scam to get you to reply and perhaps harvest some info or premium phone number ?
Is there an insurance called Ripe

Just a thought ..lots of scams send incorrect info trusting you act .

Quiete honestly I would ignore any such notification .. even though your decency tells you to help out, it's too fishy-risky !

Jim posted a link for a Funsters discount with Ripe a few weeks ago. đź‘Ť

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hey remember scammers are very clever and can get details of Ripe insurance, recommendations , social media, they can copy letters etc.

Just saying although Jim has posted recommendations and one or two of have had good experience with Ripe, it doesn't make this safe from being a scam.

Apologies if I have insulted anyone.

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Hey remember scammers are very clever and can get details of Ripe insurance, recommendations , social media, they can copy letters etc.

Just saying although Jim has posted recommendations and one or two of have had good experience with Ripe, it doesn't make this safe from being a scam.

Apologies if I have insulted anyone.
I'll let you know if it's a scam or not when I contact them on Wednesday đź‘Ť

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
But, if it is genuine, I'm hoping to find whoever it is before they get a pull from the police, or worse, something happens, and then they find out that they are uninsured!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
LS20 *** Is a South London registration plate.

If you put the full plate in here
It will tell you the make and colour of the vehicle which if you publish may prompt someone to take a look

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
LS20 *** Is a South London registration plate.

If you put the full plate in here
It will tell you the make and colour of the vehicle which if you publish may prompt someone to take a look
Already checked, it's a Peugeot Boxer, grey in colour and I'm thinking it's a PVC

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Can you contact Ripe first thing on Monday, to allow them to contact the correct person immediately, but tell them you'll also be contacting them again on Wednesday to make a formal complaint?

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Can you contact Ripe first thing on Monday, to allow them to contact the correct person immediately, but tell them you'll also be contacting them again on Wednesday to make a formal complaint?
It depends on the ferry's as that's what I'm doing Monday, then driving home Tuesday.
If they don't see this post, they might question the refund that they're going to receive

Reactions: HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
It depends on the ferry's as that's what I'm doing Monday, then driving home Tuesday.
If they don't see this post, they might question the refund that they're going to receive

I suppose there's a chance they might not see the refund if they're away from home. What a mess! Really good of you to try your best to find them :) xx

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
I suppose there's a chance they might not see the refund if they're away from home. What a mess! Really good of you to try your best to find them :) xx
Yes, that's why I'm hoping they'll see it here, because I can only presume that the mix up has happened because they've used my referral that I've only posted on here

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Just giving this a Sunday afternoon bump to help the policy holder in question to notice it.

I've got all the details written down, I'll try my hardest to phone Ripe tomorrow

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Just giving this a Sunday afternoon bump to help the policy holder in question to notice it.

I've got all the details written down, I'll try my hardest to phone Ripe tomorrow
Hi Bobby, can Jim not see clicked the referral link you posted?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just saying although Jim has posted recommendations

I don't recall every recommending an insurance company here. Apart from maybe saying who I used in the past. I've never used Ripe

Hi Bobby, can Jim not see clicked the referral link you posted?

No, I cannot see who clicks a link on a page. If it was an affiliate link, it should not have been publicly posted anyway.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I don't recall every recommending an insurance company here. Apart from maybe saying who I used in the past. I've never used Ripe

No, I cannot see who clicks a link on a page. If it was an affiliate link, it should not have been publicly posted anyway.
Sorry Jim was just a thought to help not the op but whoever used the link.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Just managed to ring Ripe, my insurance is all in order, so that's a relief, but there was a notification on my account that a letter has been sent to my address of insurance cancellation, but without me saying anything the operator immediate saw that it wasn't my policy, nor my vehicle, a manager has got involved they are going to contact the correct person, and put a note on my account stating that the letter wasn't intended for me - but I'll be following up on Wednesday, highlighting the data breach again, and I want a letter confirming that my insurance was unaffected

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back